"And you should be dead."

"Okay," Lydia cut in, "this is just going around in circles. Brooke, it's nice to see that you're well but  why are you out of the hospital already?"

The Hale girl shrugged, "Got bored."

"Oh my God." Lydia mumbled under her breath, "That's very concerning but right now, Scott, you need to get that to Deaton."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooke ended up going with Scott to the animal clinic which is were Deaton apparently worked because she neither had a key to the loft nor a car.

The pair walked inside and the second the veterinarian lay eyes on the Hale girl he asked, "Brooklyn?"

The girl's brown eyes flicked to Scott then to the man, "Yeah, how did you know that?"

Deaton gave her a kind smile, "Your grandmother told me all about you." Brooke nodded in understanding, her eyes showing some of the sadness she was feeling remembering her grandma.

The True Alpha quickly handed over the piece of paper that was actually a scroll and Deaton unravelled it.

"There isn't much here, unfortunately." he told the two after a minute or so of studying it.

"Does it say anything?" Scott asked hopefully.

"My Japanese isn't great. But it appears to say that one method of expelling a nogitsune is to change the body of the host."

"Change the body?" Scott whispered to himself.

"Which begs the question how do we change Stiles' body?" Deaton pondered.

"By turning him into a werewolf." Brooklyn worked out, she looked up at Scott and saw his eyes gloss over at the thought of turning his best friend.

Oh dear.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Brooke couldn't help but look around in curiosity as Scott led her through his house. He'd kindly offered for the girl to stay the night because she couldn't get into her loft.

He walked into his room, the girl trailing silently behind. It was a decent size room, with an en-suite, walk-in-wardrobe and double bed.

He looked around shyly before saying, "Sorry about the mess."

"It's okay," Brooke assured the boy, "I'm the one intruding. You shouldn't be apologising to me."

He smiled at the girl, a cute, puppyish smile, "You're not intruding, I told you, you could stay here."

She smiled back at him gratefully. He cleared his throat awkwardly before asking, "Do you want something more comfortable to sleep in? I mean, uh, those don't look the best to sleep in."

Brooke glanced down at her attire, the jeans and tight tank top not being the most suitable to sleep in. "That would be nice, thank you." He walked into his wardrobe grabbing clothes for both her and himself.

He handed the girl a pair of joggers and a T-shirt before telling her she could use the bathroom. Brooke quickly changed, the shirt reached her thighs and she had to roll up the waistband of the bottoms to keep them up.

She walked back into the bedroom to see Scott sat on his bed also changed. Once he spotted the girl he stood up and even Brooklyn had to admit that he looked good in sweatpants.

"Okay you, um, take the bed. I'll sleep downstairs." he stated beginning to take pillows and blankets from his cupboard.

"No, Scott, I can't take your bed." Brooke told him like he was insane.

He gave the Hale girl a toothy smile, "It's okay. You need to start looking after yourself and that starts with getting a good sleep."

Brooke scoffed, "I look after myself."

Scott's smile turned into a smirk, "Says the girl that got out of the hospital by bugging the staff."

"Hey! I'm perfectly fine, there was no point in staying longer than needed."

"Brooke, have you looked at yourself?" his expression turned more serious. "You need rest wether you want to admit it or not." Scott's eyes showed Brooklyn how concerned he was for her.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why did you care so much anyway?"

"Because," he took a step towards the black haired girl, "you're a part of the pack now and you seem to need someone to look out for you, to help you every once in a while, which I want to do for you."

The brown eyed girl was silent for a moment then she admitted in a whisper, "I haven't had that in a long time."

Scott felt sorry for Brooklyn, he could only begin to image what she must of gone through and how much it's affected her. Brooke went for six years without any family or friends and he could barely go a day without his mum and Stiles.

"Well you've got it now, so you're having the bed." the Scott said. He smiled in victory as the Hale girl walked around the bed and sat on one side.

However, his smiling soon turned to blushing when Brooklyn said, "I'll only take the bed if you take it too. I mean, you should be dead right now so I think you need it just as much as I do."

Scott was flustered while Brooke looked unfazed, but unknown to him her stomach was going crazy. He looked at the Hale girl, "Are you sure? I'm honestly fine with sleeping on the couch."

"I'm sure." Scott nodded, going to the other side of the bed and slipping under the covers like Brooke. They lay facing each other as the Alpha turned off the lights.

"Hey, Scott?" she asked. He hummed. "I feel like I say this to you a lot but, thank you."

"Thank you too. I don't know what we would've done if you weren't there earlier."

"Probably would've gotten destroyed by a werewolf after a silver finger." she answered.

They both chuckled, "Yeah, probably." he replied, his voice calm.

"Goodnight, Scott."

"Goodnight, Brooke."

Now, if you asked the girl she would deny it, but just like falling asleep, the Hale girl was falling for the McCall boy.

Slowly but surely.