oh, to the trigger happy hybrids - chapter 7

Nik, Elijah and Astrid stormed into the compound after Astrid had realised it was the annual fight night. Marcel had organised this event a few decades ago, a fight to the death and the winner gets themselves an invite to the inner circle and a daylight ring. Although she often enjoyed the adrenaline filled night, she had no part in the organisation of daylight rings. Tonight usually would be a fun filled night for her, except tonight she was an outsider.

'We mean you no harm' Astrid stated as clearly as possible, knowing that the literal army of vampires were more likely to trust her then the brothers.

'Good evening! I'd like a word' Klaus clearly had murder on his mind.

'What do you think you're doing?'

'It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give it to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you'

Astrid's beige trenchcoat contrasted with the rest of the compound's desire to wear black which made her ten times more noticeable. Felicia noticed her irritated expression, mouthing a 'you okay?' to which she got a 'am i ever?' mouthed back.

'You three got a lotta nerve, coming into my home and making demands.'

'Your home, is it?' Klaus mocked Marcel and Astrid nearly exploded at the seams, 'Gentleman please!' She yelled as all three immortals turned to look at her.

'The girl, Marcel. Hayley. We just want her, then we'll go' Astrid tried to plead to the kinder side of Marcel.

'Yeah I know who they're talking about, Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?'

'She's an old friend-' Klaus got cut off by Elijah shooting him a look. For the first time in an extremely long time, Elijah saw Astrid in a different light, she was actually trying to be a woman of democracy and justice.

'Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?'

Astrid looked at the brothers before beginning to walk out, but Marcellus wasn't finished, 'Hey Astrid!'

'Yes, Marcel?' she turned back around to face him.

'You've got nerve most of all, coming back to the people you abandoned like that, asking for help. It's hardly good leadership.'

Astrid tutted, 'Tut tut tut, Marcellus. Throwing your toys out of the pram like a little bitch again?' Astrid dug back at Marcel for the comment he made to Klaus a few nights ago. 'Even then Marcellus, my people know they haven't been abandoned. This is still very much my kingdom' she emphasised as she threw arms up, 'Or should I say our.. my King?'

She walked forwards, 'Oh and the Queen has some critique. You would do well to recognise good leadership. Questioning an elder like me on my skills when you have our people dying to simply be able to walk in the sun?' she bowed as the crowd cheered. Winking at Marcel, she sauntered out of the compound after giving Felicia a beckoned wave, 'I hope to see you soon love' she whispered into her ear.

The brothers followed her out onto the street, one either side of her as they walked back into the night.

'And I'm the one who needed to be hushed' Nik teased.

'Yes well, my love' she straightened her coat, 'At least I know the difference between a stern talking to and a murderous rampage'

She finished, 'I'm looking at you too, 'Lijah'