Celebrate

It had been a long day for Yoon Se- Ri as she finished putting documents for her deal back in the file after having checked every minute detail and signing it only after her 'detail-oriented' brain was satisfied, afterall this deal could not be taken lightly. Vogue wasn't a 'no-big-deal' deal. They were signing with Seri's Choice for their next Korean Vogue feature and if all went well Se-Ri was hoping to expand on the deal with their upcoming show and use signature scents and her new embedded brand of footwear with a new line of heels and smart wears on the ramp of Vogue. This would not only make the mark of her brand more visible on the european market but take it to a world wide level. It would be a huge win for Seri's Choice.

Personally, Se-Ri was also hoping this deal goes through smoothly so that she could prove her brand's quarters in Swizterland could work for her as a base. This would show the world; and mainly her skeptical family and employees that no matter where she was based she could work with the same efficiency as she did in South Korea.

'The place doesn't do your work, you do it. Have faith in you the way I do' she remembered the words she heard the day she shared her doubts about moving her personal base of the business in Swizertland permanently. She was scared, if not for anything else then for the fact that people in HQ in South would not be able to function without her presence. They might feel less security. The way they had when she was trapped...no, not trapped...when she was living in North Korea. What if an incident like that happened again? The stress of her company, her baby that she worked so hard for everyday might be in jeopardy because of her personal choice was scary to her.

Nevertheless, she finally somebody to talk to about it in Swiss. Ri Jung Hyuk had brought out a bottle of their favourite rich vodka and they sat in their balcony under one fleece blanket, just like they had 3 years ago in her apartment. They talked their hearts out that night. She shared her worries and reassured her that she was her company it didn't matter where she was she was still going to expand her empire and conquer her dreams. Because her heart and her mind stayed their same brilliant selves even when they were in Swiss. 

"And besides" he told her "if it was so easy to break Seri's Choice it would not be standing till now. If you have to build an empire Se-Ri you must have faith in the people that will lay the bricks and concrete and guard your walls. You've chosen wisely, trust them."

"Besides I am not leaving my queendom, just changing my wing...right?" She had asked him smiling at him and laying her head on his shoulder. She felt him nod and felt herself believe in herself a little more from that day on.

It had been almost 9 months since that conversation and she had managed 2 major events since that day and released a new collection of fall for her furniture venture. Along with that she had signed a deal to release a line of exclusive footwear collection. Right now they were working on footwear that would match her extreme sportswear. Her first line of military styled sneakers and boots collection for women and men had been a hit! They were sold out in the 1st month of release. All of this was planned, designed and executed from Swizterland. Se-Ri only travelled for the launch and to conduct occassional promotional events to keep the ship sailing smooth. Soon HQ was able to take over the project with her only as a supervisiory head. 

Everytime she would accomplish her set goals that she would worry about for weeks Jung Hyuk would set up their balcony with a bottle of Vodka and Blankets and sometimes even the sound system which played his redention of timeless songs like 'Flower', 'La vie en rose' and some Bach soulfuls too, with all this in place they wold sit under blankets, stars above them and snow covered mountains in front of them. Sometimes they would talk, sometimes they enjoyed eachother company, sometimes he would hum the song and tried to get her drunk so he could spill his heart. If she remembered correctly it was during one of these night he had admitted her staying back in Swiss had given so much joy that he had to go to their bedroom and cry for a while. This had become their celebratory ritual

She shook her head smiling as she closed the file on her laptop and got ready to exit her Swiss office and back home. The deal wasn't done yet, but she was already excited about their night under the stars. As she got in her car, not before knocking the hood, she checked her watch. It was 7pm, as per her judgement she thought she's going to find him seranading to an empty apartment as he practiced from 6:30 pm till 7:30 pm as a habit. Maybe she would hear the new tune he had created finally. He wouldn't let her hear it until it was ready. 'It's so that you can appreciate it as a whole and not bits and pieces.' he would tell her and lightly kiss her forehead and lead her out of their soundproof music room every single time she tried to sneak in and listen to the tune.

'Just maybe today?' she thought quietly.Although she knew she was building false hope, this was going to be a dead end. As she reached home and quietly opened the door as to not startle the man with Ninja ears even in soundproof room and stop his pratice and creation. But to her surprise that lights in main room were shut save for the little twinkling silver bulbs that led a way to the balcony.

As she started of on the path she was confused, was there something happening and she forgot under the stress of her mountain of work? 'It isn't our meet day, anniversary, our birthdays, what's going on?' she thought as she walked down the path now reaching at the end. The balcony doors were half open but she could see that it was set just a little differently, with beer instead of vodka, homecooked fried chicken, blankets of wool (it was getting colder than usual) and pillows. Her brows scrunched a little but her lips gave away her smile and she looked around the balcony looking at everything, also looking for the man behind this surprise. 

And just as she thought of him she felt his hand gently laying on her waist and his lips softly leaning against the top of her head. Her face broke into a smile. "What is with the set up? Did I walk in on you setting up for one of your many admirers?" she asked mischiveously. He was a well known artist in Swiss naturally he had admirers lining up to "get to know him" via coffee, wine or any other way. And him being good looking was just another perk to add to it, even when he was a bodyguard his list of admirers were staggering as she remembered. But she knew just when to use this information to tease him, just like he knew when to use it too.

"You're the only one I admire enough to put this much effort for Yoon Se-ri" he said but not before slight bumping his forhead on the back her head to show his fake annoyance. Laughing lightly she asked "And to what do I owe this privilege? I didn't get the deal yet to celebrate Ri Jung Hyuk" turning around and feeling his arm slide smoothly on her back, looking up at him. "I realize that. But you should be reminded that we don't just celebrate the success. Sometimes we have to celebrate the journey to success too," he tucked her hair behind her ear and he old her "and if you insist on a reason I believe the first snowfall of this year, with the one I love is reason enough to celebrate." he smiles, that dimpled smile that still pumped up Yoon Se-ri's heart everytime she saw it. 

She looked back through the doors just in time to see tiny snowflakes moving through the night sky, settling quietly on the ledge of their balcony fence and and felt her heart glow as she remembered their first snowfall and how they drank beers and ate chicken then too. 'He really misses nothing' she thought as she turned to look at him again shaking her head a little and smiling, "You do know just how to make a long ordinary day special Ri Jung Hyuk" she said as she went on her tip toes and kissed him on his cheek.

He led them out and settled them under the blankets. As he adjusted the pillows behind her back while she stretched to get the bottle of beer, he bit his lip "I would like to confess something Yoon Se-ri" "Oh this is new again! Before getting me drunk?" she teased him with a smirk. 

"Yes because I want you to remember this," he said seriously still adjusting the wool blanket over her feet and suddenly looked her in eye and continued "I don't care if we are in bed eating breakfast, I don't care if we fall asleep on couch while watching a movies, I don't care if we have a completely ordinary day with each other everyday. Because Yoon Se-ri," her breathe got caught as he leaned in "everyday is extra ordinary with you," he came a little closer, deeping his stare "everyday is a celebration with you." Cupping her face he slowly closed in the space and kissed her. She couldn't believe her stars that very minute. As she kissed back she thanked god for the storm and for her parachute crashing. 

After what felt like an eternity, but was really just 2 minutes, they moved away a little from each other and leaning their foreheads and closing their eyes as they felt the snow fall in back, realizing this was bliss. And it was all theirs.