Chapter 8

"Woah!" Fubuki gasped.

"Woah indeed." Mutsuki added.

"I've never seen someone have that many aircraft before." Akagi exclaimed in surprise and, if we're being honest, the slightest bit of fear.

"That was so cool!" Yuudachi squealed in excitement.

"The match has been called!" The loud speaker voice called. "Our new carrier is the winner!"

You know, during my time in the smoke, all I was doing was going around in circles watching through the eyes of my crew and, honestly speaking, I was a bit terrified of what I could do.

I just spit out an endless wave of planes in the comfort of smoke as they decimated Zuikaku's forces.

I only lost a dozen or so planes, which amplified it further.

I can only imagine what she's feeling right now, so I slowly made my way back onto land and walked to the shell-shocked Zuikaku who had idly wandered back to land in a daze.

"U-um, are you okay?" I asked nervously.

She seemed to snap out of her daze and look at me for a moment before taking a deep breathe.

"Oh why'd you have to humiliate me like that!" She whined as her paint covered body hit the grass.

Wow, her mood changed fast.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologised. It was genuine apology too, I didn't even really mean to do that.

"Ah it's fine!" She exclaimed in response as she stood. "I forgive you."

"Nothing gets you down for long does it?" I asked, looking up to her.

"Nope!"

"Hey!" Fubuki's voice called out as she came from the right.

"Hey Fubuki!" I greeted with a wave.

"We saw your match." The voice of Akagi exclaimed as she too appeared from the distance.

"Erm, was it good?" I asked nervously. 

"It was amazing!" Yuudachi squealed as she appeared from behind and gave me a tight hug.

"Ah, Yuudachi!" I squeaked. "Get off!"

"No!"

"Why!?"

"Poi!"

"Yuudachi, please get off her." Mutsuki scolded.

"Aww, fine." Yuudachi pouted as she let go off me.

Captain, remind me to thank her later.

"Hey."

Thanks.

"So, how did it feel to get beaten Zuikaku?" Akagi teased.

"Aha!" She girl in question. "It was a humiliation, not a defeat. Therefore I have not been defeated! only humiliated."

"You still lost though." I pointed out with a smirk.

"Oh hush you." Zuikaku pouted.

"Well, I've got to get Zuikaku cleaned up here." Akagi exclaimed. "Come on you."

"But why?" She whined.

"Because you'd go off to challenge someone else" Akagi explained. "Now come with me."