Chapter 4 > You're My Irony

PAST Senior Year,September

Alex POV

My body felt agony like I've never felt before. I still couldn't get over the irony of tonight. First my dad beats me, I get attacked, all most raped, and then the school's bad boy saves me. I would have laughed if I could.

Jake was still looking down at me, holding me cautiously.

Eww his hands are holding me.

"Get away from me." I push my self away from him and try to stand up.

My head was dizzy but I try to ignore it. Jake helps me with my balance so I don't fall again. I know his trying to help but something inside me snaps.

"Are you okay? He asks concerned.

"Yeah I'm fine." Of course that's a lie. I feel like crap.

He asks again.

I snap. "I said I'm fine, didn't I?"

Jake takes a step back. "Sorry, I was just trying to help."

"I don't need your help."

He like looks back at where the unconscious men were. "That's not what I saw."

"I don't care about what you saw. I don't need your help." I walk out of the alley only for him to trail behind me.

"Those guys could have killed you. One of them had a knife to your throat."

"What is it to you? Since when did you go around saving people?"

"What are you doing in this part of town?" He asks serious.

"Fuck off." I try my hard

"Why are you being a bitch?"

I stop in my tracks and turn around to face him. "What did you just say?"

"Oh don't look at me like that. You heard me. Why are you being so damn difficult?"

"Difficult? I've had one of the most messed up day in my entire life. So excuse me if I'm being a little difficult." The anger inside me was boiling and I wish I could punch him if I had any strength left. I started walking again, more like limping trying to get away from Jake. He was still on my trail.

"That doesn't give you a right to act like a bitch." He tells me.

I spin around fast and look at him dead in the eye. My voice lowers as I say, "First of all you don't know me." He rolls his eyes. "Second of all, you don't know me. You're just upset I'm not eating out of your palms and falling for your charms."

"Please! I could have you if I wanted."

By every ticking second that I spend with Jake frigging Tyler, I get more pissed. "You are such an asshole!" I could feel the steam come out of my ear.

He looked at me as if I grew another head. "Oh so that's what I get for saving your life?"

"I never asked you to save my life!"

"Abracadabra!" He pauses. "Nope, you're still a bitch."

"I don't understand how you-" I stopped. "Wait, did the bad boy of our school just say 'abracadabra'?"

He started walking away making noises of frustration at me being amused.

"What are you doing at this part of the town?" I ask him.

He kept walking in a fast pace. I try to catch up but my body was still in pain. Finally when I do catch up to him I notice that his white t-shirt was stained. The color red was soaked in his t-shirt. No doubt it was blood. Jake's knuckles were bruised. His lip was cut along with a another cut near his forehead right above his right eyebrow. His face was swollen again.