1

Rey's POV (3 years old)

My guardian angel was pushing me on the swings today. Mommy sat on a bench nearby and talked with one of her own friends. I felt Kylo's big hand push me once more. He kept me going at a steady pace and I was getting a little bored.

"Higher, please!" I told him.

He chuckled a little and said, "of course, sweetheart."

He added a little more force and I got higher and higher on the swings. I laughed out loud. This was fun! The wind blew my hair back as I went up and up, and then it blew forwards when I went back down.

Suddenly, Kylo stop me and he only allowed me to move back and forth a little bit. Then I heard Mommy call me.

"Rey, sweetie, we need to get going!" She said.

"Coming!" I wiggled off of the swing seat and ran over to her. I held her hand and Kylo walked right next to me with a hand resting behind my head. I think it was meant to go on my back, but I was always short for my age and Kylo was a lot taller than Daddy, and Daddy was pretty tall.

Mommy helped strap me into the car seat and Kylo disappeared from my side, but then reappeared inside the car and sitting next to me. I giggled. My guardian angel was a magician!

He and I played with my dolls I had left in the car. Kylo played the girl doll and I played the boy one. I had my doll kiss his doll. He gasped and had his doll slap mine across the face and he had his doll walk away. I burst out laughing. I don't even know what was so funny!

We pulled into a parking lot of a building, and Kylo looked out the window and growled a little. I think he's part puppy or something.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"You have an appointment, Rey. To make sure you aren't sick." Mommy said for him, stepping out of the car.

She walked around and opened my door and started unstrapping me from the car seat. I swung my legs back and forth, waiting for her to help me out of the car. Kylo had done magic again and was out of the car, waiting for me to come out too.

Mommy picked me up and put me on the ground. He grabbed her purse and then closed the door. I held onto her hand and she led me to the front door of the building. We walked in and there was a nice reception lady who asked me how I was doing and talked with Mommy for a few minutes. I didn't pay attention to them, but to the movie playing on a tv in the corner of the room.

Mommy and I sat down in the waiting room, but Kylo sniffed the air, closed his eyes for a few seconds, opened them and said he would be right back. I thought he maybe just had to use the bathroom or something. I watched the movie while we waited. Mommy was reading a magazine. Kylo appeared in the car next to me. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

A nurse opened a door off to the side and called my name. Mommy got up and I held her hand as we walked back with the nurse. Kylo followed at my side as usual. The nurse smelled like cookies and she led us to another room where she took my weight on a scale and measured how tall I was. Then she left us there and said that we would be seeing another doctor because the one we were originally going to had injured himself in the back room of the clinic.

I sat on the cot in the middle of the room and Kylo sat behind me. He sniffed my hair and purred. I giggled at the sound and my mom glanced up at me with a little smile on her face.

A woman in a white coat knocked on the door and came in with a big smiled. The nurse that smelled like cookies came in behind her holding a small tin tray. Did she bring me cookies?

The woman introduced herself as Doctor Kandia and she glanced over at Kylo. Weird. She told Mommy that the doctor we were supposed to see got an ouchie when preparing a... vaccine. Wait a minute...

"NO! I DON'T WANNA GET A SHOT!" I screamed. Doctor Kabdia was holding back laughter and my mom was too. Kylo stroked my hair and nuzzled his nose into my neck.

"Don't be afraid. It won't hurt if you just relax." He said. I whimpered and started crying. I don't even know why I did, I just did. I felt the cold feeling of rubbing alcohol on my little shoulder and then a sharp pain. I screamed.

I continued to cry as Mommy carried me out to the car and strapped me in my seat. She got in the driver's seat and Kylo appeared in the seat next to mine and he held my hand.

"Rey!" Mommy said.

"What?" I mumbled, wiping a tear off my cheek.

"How 'bout we go get some ice cream?" She asked, glancing at me in the rear view mirror with a smile.

I immediately stopped crying.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I shouted.

She pulled into our favorite ice cream shop and got me out of my car seat. We walked into the shop and I got the triple chocolate with extra chocolate chips. Mommy told the waiter to put it in a bowl for me. I think she got some kind of Oreo ice cream with strawberry drizzle. Kylo didn't get anything for some reason. He was a little weird when it came to eating.

While we waited, I took the time to look at the bandaid I got. It had little Elmo's on it! I smiled and kicked my legs back and forth. I loved Elmo! But I hated getting flu shots!