23- You Mustn't Tell Lies

Start from the beginning

I attempted to see if I could smell his cologne from here but I only smelt a faint bit of peppermint. The only thing I could really smell was Damien's aftershave. Definitely not what I wanted to smell.

We arrived at a red brick building that said "Oak Ridge High School" on it.

"Damien, please take Draco and Evanora to the office and don't forget to only use Ava and Drake McConnell. Okay?" Rosalie said as she helped us out of the car. She kissed all of our foreheads and sent us off.

I felt my heart pounding as we approached the school. Everyone was mostly wearing jeans and hoodies. How'd Draco know what to wear?

"Yo, Damien!" Some boys said and came up to us.

"Alex! Grayson! What's up?" He said and they did some weird handshake.

"Who's the lady?" One of them asked.

"This is my girl," Damien said and put his arm around me pulling me close. His girl? What is he doing?

"Hi I'm Ev- Ava," I said, hoping they didn't realize I almost said the wrong name.

"How'd you score her?" One asked.

"Met her in break and found out she was coming here this year. We started talking and I asked her to be my girlfriend," Damien explained. Girlfriend?

"Nice man. See you later," they left but Damien didn't let go.

"Charlie!" He yelled and a red head boy who reminded me of Ron turned around and came over to us.

"Meet my girl, Ava," Damien said and the red headed boy looked me up and down and said, "nice, dude."

I felt extremely uncomfortable. Damien was squeezing me as close to him as possible and introducing me as his girlfriend to guys I don't know. I looked over at Draco for assistance and he was death glaring Damien.

I mouthed a 'help' and he nodded.

"Damien, I need to go to the bathroom. Can you hurry it up?" Draco said and I mentally thanked him.

"Yeah sure. I'll catch up with you later, Charlie," Damien said and we walked to the doors of the school. He gripped onto me tightly and I wanted nothing more than to swat his arm away. Not to mention, he stunk.

We walked inside and I saw the two boys from earlier. I think it was Alex and some other kid.

"Damien, quick question. Have y'all done it?" One of them winked and smirked at me.

"Yeah tons," Damien said. Done what? What are they talking about?

Next thing I knew Draco punched Damien right in the face and the two boys ran off.

"Asshole," he muttered and pulled me into his arms away from Damien.

"What is going on here?" Some middle aged man who I assumed taught here came up and helped Damien up.

"To the office. All of you," he said.

Damien scoffed as he walked with us. He tried to walk next to me but Draco shifted me to his left so he'd be in the middle.

"Why are you in a pissy mood?" Damien asked, wiping blood from his nose.

"You're a liar. Spreading that you two are dating and saying you had sex," Draco hissed and my eyes widened. How did I not realize that's what 'did it' meant? I'm so stupid.

"I don't think she minded. I'm trying to make her popular."

"By spreading lies? She'll be popular with the boys for only one reason," Draco said and I could tell he was angry.

"Popular is popular," Damien said and Draco lifted his fist to punch him again but I quickly stood in front of Damien so he couldn't do it. I could not let him get into trouble on our first day.

He froze and looked at me. "Move."

"No. Come on," I grabbed his hand and pulled him away. "Give us a second," I said to Damien who rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing?" He asked me as I pulled him into an empty hallway.

"Stopping you!" I said.

"Stopping me? Look at that asshole. He's using you for attention and spreading lies about you."

"Just leave it."

"Do you seriously not care?" He questioned. His eyes narrowed at me as he looked at me.

"I'm a little uncomfortable but-"

"That's it. He makes you uncomfortable," he stopped me.

"It's fine, honestly."

"It's really not," he said sternly.

"I think it's sweet that you care, but-"

"Of course I care. You remember what I said yesterday," he said. I know he's talking about how he told me that he loves me. I wasn't quite sure what to say.

"Yeah I do," I said.

"I love you means I care about you and I don't want this dumb prick ruining your chances of making good friends here. At this pace, all the boys at this school will be constantly harassing you," He rambled.

"I guess you're right,"I said and started to walk away but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Did you bring your wand?" He questioned seriously.

"Yes I did," I answered. I remembered that yesterday he freaked out because I didn't bring it to the ice rink.

"Good girl," He said. It was really sweet that he cared. I don't think the Draco from two months ago would force me to bring my wand everywhere or beat up someone for spreading rumors about me.

I looked at him for a moment and decided to hug him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he hugged my tightly. I pulled away a few moments later and pecked his cheek. I saw him smile and I walked back out into the main hallway and Damien took us to the office. 

A/N: Hope you guys had a great day !!! Please vote -nessa<3