Epilogue

Four years later...

"Welcome, everyone, and thank you for joining us tonight!" the announcer said into her comically large microphone. You sat close to the front row, absentmindedly listening to the commentary. Your eyes flicked back and forth from the volleyball court to your laptop; you didn't want to miss a single thing.

The newscaster was a pretty young woman; about your age. You could see her on a large screen hanging above the court. Her dark hair fell across her face in ringlets, and her bright blue eyes shone under the stadium lights. If you weren't already in a relationship, you would have been simping.

"This is the match we've all been waiting for," she said, waving her arms in a grandiose gesture. "It is between the Sendai City Frogs and the Tachibana Red Falcons! I am sure that, no matter who wins or loses, this is certainly going to be an interesting match! I'm Kiyoko Shimizu, and my partner Tanaka Ryuunosuke will be assisting me tonight. Tanaka-san, would you tell us a bit about the teams?"

You glanced up in surprise. "Kiyoko-senpai?" You laughed. "She has definitely aged well--" you mumbled to yourself.

When you looked up, you noticed the game was starting. You watched the players bow to each other, before rushing onto the court.

"ONEGAISHIMASU!"

The game was riveting--the teams were fighting to gain anything more than a single point. The first set went to Sendai, and the second to Tachibana. This last set would decide everything, and the Frogs were ahead by 1 point. If they could get one more, they would win.

Your fingers clacked against the keys almost subconsciously, taking in everything. The editors of the sports section would eat this up, so you couldn't miss a single thing.

Despite the fact that you were a journalist, and shouldn't be biased, you shouted, "GO FROGS!" as loudly as was possible. It wasn't anything against the Falcons, it was just that your boyfriend was on the Frogs, so you wanted to support him.

Speaking of your boyfriend, Tsukishima was gesturing to his team. They huddled around him for a few seconds before getting into position. It was their serve, so hopefully they could get a good, clean win in without any trouble.

The server stepped up, jumping and hitting the ball with a ridiculous amount of force. It rocketed towards the other side of the court, and was just barely saved by their libero. Their setter took it, and shot it into the air.

"This isn't good," you mumbled. Their spiker was notorious for his raw power and impossible to beat serves. He had been out for most of the last set, but it spelled trouble for the Frogs to have him in the front row at such a crucial moment in the game.

In a flash, Tsukishima and two other blockers were in front of the spiker. The ball struck their hands, before slamming down onto the Falcon's side of the net. For a moment, all was silent. Then a loud cheer erupted from the team. Tanaka's voice rang across the stadium. "THEY DID IT! THE FROGS ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND OF MATCHES!"

Shutting your laptop, you leapt up and headed over to the bench. Your job as a journalist was finished for the day, so it was time to support Tsukishima. You pushed your way through the crowd, calling out hasty, "Excuse me!"s every once in a while. After a few minutes of swimming upstream, you spotted Tsukishima.

"HEY! KEI!" you shouted over the noise, sprinting to him.

He turned towards you, his face lighting up when he realized who it was. You jumped into his arms, and he caught you easily.

"Are you proud of me?" he grinned, pecking you on the lips.

"You know it," you said, kissing him back.

He set you down, and said, "Do you want to go get lunch? You know, to celebrate?"

"Don't you want to celebrate with your team?" you asked.

Tsukishima gestured to Koganegwa, who was jumping up and down excitedly. Another team member swatted at him. "I think he has enough excitement for the both of us."

You shrugged and took his hand. "Fair enough."

The streets of the city were crowded in the midafternoon, and you found yourself scooting closer to Tsukishima. The restaurant in mind was only a few minutes away, and served the most delicious soup dumplings. You and Tsukishima chatted quietly until you reached the restaurant.

After you ordered your food, you began peppering him with questions about the game. "Did you enjoy it? How were Koganegwa's sets? How did you manage to block that spike?" You made a face on the last one. Tsukishima may have been giving you volleyball lessons, but you would never understand how he could manage to block everything the spikers could come up with.

"I did, they were good, and I have not the faintest idea," Tsukishima laughed.

You weren't sure what to say next, so you just laughed and took a sip of your drink.

Tsukishima pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "We've known each other for a while, huh?"

"Yeah," you agreed, smiling.

"We've gone through a lot," he continued.

"Yeah," you agreed again, unsure of where this was going.

"You stayed full time for the sports section until you got a job for the Asahi Shimbun, and I got a volleyball scholarship..."

"Are you breaking up with me?" you asked suddenly, not liking the nostalgic tone of his voice.

"What? No!" he said.

You were about to press for him to clarify when the waiter walked over with your food. You shoved a soup dumpling in your mouth and motioned for him to continue talking.

He fiddled with his hands. "Well, we've been dating for a while now, and I was wondering if..." You took a sip of your drink to wash down the food. "Y/N L/N, will you marry me?"

You choked on your drink, coughing up a storm. Tsukishima immediately rushed to your side. "Are you okay?"

Of course you were okay. You couldn't imagine anything better than marrying Tsukishima. You already had your dream job, and now you could marry Tsukishima? It was a dream come true.

"Y-y-yes--" you coughed.

"Yes to my proposal, or yes to 'Are you okay'?"

"Wh-why can't it be both?" you laughed, wrapping him in a hug.

HEY HEY to all of my nonexistent readers! This might be the last part; no, it probably will be. Unless, by some weird chance, this story actually has any readers. Either way, I'm just lacking creativity right now. Not the point.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH ME!!

--Harper