let her go

06/02/20

I had been wonderful.
Every moment, everyone knew, including themselves, that it had been perfect. But nothing lasts forever. Nothing. Not even them.

It was like looking at the sky on a foggy night. The stars were gone. Baekhyun didn't see anything, he couldn't feel anything.

He had dived too deep in that love, but now he could't comeback to the surface. He saw the light, but couldn't reach it. He was running out of breath, drowning.

For a moment he was with her.

He couldn't believe it, it was impossible.

It looked like a nightmare, so it would certainly end, wouldn't it?

His heart squeezed, but soon would be empty.

She was the love of his life.

Santa Monica Pier, California, USA.

Now he lost his usual posture, of a strong and self-assured man.

Lost himself through his own tears, tears that rolled down his face, wildly. His eyes, used to seeing the joy she conveyed, looked totally watery to Taeyeon's picture.

She was smiling, sitting on that iron bench, which was starting to rust;

She was where everything started.

Baekhyun, looks away from the image and observes the landscape in front of him

It wasn't a coincidence, the fact that he was in the exact same place where Taeyeon had took that picture.

That had been na amazing day for both, in a place that meant a lot for them. Baekhyun just noticed now that what people used to say was really true.

"Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow"

"Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home"

And he only knew he loved her when he let her go.

He looked up from what was her favorite bench, and the little ornament on top of it, reflected the sunlight.

It was 3:34 pm.

He held the object with both hands as he approached the fence. This separated the dark wood floor from the ocean. Today it seemed so calm, it reminded him of what she was like, like the sea.

The tears that had not yet stopped streaming down his face, began to fall and mix with the salt water, located below.

After opening the urn where Taeyeon's ashes were, Baekhyun remembers for the last time, all the moments he had spent with her. He remembered her smile, her voice, how she took care of him and he took care of her.

Her body was now carried by the wind, it floated slowly with the breeze, until it kissed the sea. Baekhyun was certain that he loved her and believed that they would meet again, as they had promised the last time they saw each other.

He fixed the urn that was already empty and closed his eyes; it was her face that came to his mind.

"Love comes slow and it goes so fast"

Just like their plans, wishes and dreams. Everything was gone. It was all over.

And with that thought, he smiles, not showing happiness, obviously, but showing acceptance. This would be their farewell. And finally Baekhyun let Taeyeon go, he let her go.

... let her go 

DOWNFSLL