XXIV. The Perfect Gifts

Start from the beginning

"Seems like a wonderful choice." Jisung nodded and Minho stepped back, walking behind the boy who went to the guitar section instead of heading for the register.

"You play?" Minho asked, watching his boyfriend nod with a soft smile on his face. "I do, I also play the piano but I prefer the guitar. Y-You know, it's useful when you create music." Minho laughed in response, adding a small 'seems fair' to it as he watched the boys' eyes glisten as they landed on an acoustic guitar. Before any more words were spoken, Jisung turned and started walking to the register but halted.

"C-Could you do the paying instead... I-I mean, I give you the money and you pay? I don't want to... you know..."

"Sure Sungie, I get it. Wait at the door, okay?" Minho reminded himself why he would always do the social interactions as he watched his boyfriend's face shine, happy he didn't have to interact with the cashier. Even though Minho should let him do those things, how could he say no to that adorable face? Impossible. He grabbed the record Jisung was handing out to him as he made his way to the counter.

"Hello, did you find everything you were looking for?" The girl gave Minho a kind smile, something in her eyes showed him she wanted to say more but seemed to be holding back.

"Yes, thank you." Minho placed the record on the register as his eyes wandered to the advertisement on it.

'For a short time only, free delivery starting at orders from ₩70,000!'

"A-Actually, is there a possibility I could get an acoustic guitar delivered to my home?"

"Sure, which one did you have in mind?" Minho mentioned the one Jisung had been staring at, making sure he wasn't pointing or doing anything else to make his purchase noticable to the boy that was looking at the old posters on the walls.

"Is there a specific day you had in mind for the delivery?"

"This monday? Is that a possibility? Seeing it's Christmas Eve on Wednesday?" The girl checked through the computer quickly before announcing there was a space left that day. "Sweet I'll take it then." Minho paid for the stuff and wished her a nice day before making his way back to Jisung.

"That took longer than I had expected? A-Anyways here's the mo—"

"Just treat me for a late lunch, seeing I would've done that to you anyways. That way you still bought Bin's present yourself and I get to indirectly treat you for lunch, seeing I would have done so anyways."

"God, I don't deserve you."

"Touché, baby." Minho laughed as he felt the flustered boy next to him punch his shoulder, attempting (and failing) to hide his embarrassment. The two made their way to Joe & The Juice, both ordering an avocado and mozarella sandwich with a smoothie each. They talked a bit about the other stores they would want to visit and looked at their group chat, seeing Chan had send them a photo of him and Felix in a swimming pool.

"So lucky... I can't wait for winter to be over." Jisung mumbled as he took a sip from his smoothie, earning a grin from Minho. "Winter officially starts the day after tomorrow... I don't think winter is going anywhere any time soon."

"You know what I mean! The cold! I just want the cold to go away... and the fact that the worst is yet to come?! Ugh!"

"You don't like snow?"

"It's nice to look at until you go outside. Again, too. cold."

"Hey, you can cuddle up to me if you're ever cold again." Minho smiled, watching Jisung's cheeks and ears turn slightly red. "You know what, I will hold you on to that!"