37 - "Are you jealous?"

Start from the beginning

Since they came out of the pharmacy, Jing Yi remains silent. His mind was filled with various thoughts. He keeps on walking but didn't know where he's heading. Fei Hong noticed it. He halts his steps but Jing Yi continues walking in front of him. He didn't even notice that Fei Hong is already far behind him.

He jolts when his wrist was grabbed. He turns his head to the right side.

"Jing Yi... are you okay?" Fei Hong asked worriedly.

He hesitantly nods. But Fei Hong didn't buy it. He moves his hand to Jing Yi's palm, holding it tight. "Let's go to the restaurant over there. The food there is seriously delicious. Let's go!" He dragged Jing Yi who was still in a daze.

Once they entered, the waiter greets. "Oh! My Lord! It's been awhile. Come in. Come in." He brings them to the empty table.

"How's business nowadays?" Fei Hong asked.

"Good. Good. It's been so long since my lord came here with His Majesty." The waiter whispers the name. Then he glances at Jing Yi with a curious look.

"You always came with either His Majesty or your men. But this lad right here didn't fit both. So, who is he? Your wife?" The waiter's question makes both of them blushed.

"Wh- what are you saying..."

The waiter laughs, "Well My Lord, you're not the type that hangs out with any woman or ger unless... that person is someone special to you, right?"

Before Fei Hong could say anything, the waiter already went to Jing Yi's side. "Young man, you're lucky to have general as your husband. He never plays around and went to a brothel just like other imperial armies. He is quite serious but pretty loyal. So make sure you hold on to him tight cause many women have set their eyes on him." The waiter whispers.

Fei Hong fakes a cough. He said out loud the menu he wants to order and send the waiter away. But then, he can't even look at Jing Yi. Too embarrassed.

"Jing Yi, no need to listen to him. He's just talking nonsense. No girls ever set their eyes on me."

"But it seemed like he's not wrong. When we walked in the market, I noticed that many women are looking at you." Jing Yi said and huffs.

Fei Hong raises his head with a smug face, "Well, of course, they will look at a guy as handsome as me, right?"

Jing Yi is looking down so he didn't see the big smile on Fei Hong's face. He mumbles, "Then, what about Yuan Jin?" As they're sitting side by side, Fei Hong managed to hear it.

"Yuan Jin? What's wrong with him? He's just an old acquaintance. Nothing else."

Looking at the little pout, Fei Hong leans forward and smiles, "Are you jealous?"

Jing Yi's face flushed.

"If you're jealous, then do as the waiter told you. Hold on to me tightly. So, I won't go anywhere."

Jing Yi shut his mouth tightly. His face is reddened.

Fei Hong tilts his head and frowns, "You really... jealous of Yuan Jin?"

Jing Yi looks away. He didn't know what to answer. He just feels uncomfortable when he saw Fei Hong getting chummy with a ger. If it's a guy, he doesn't really mind like how he treated the emperor and also his army men. But when it comes to Yuan Jin, it looked like they used to share a special relationship in the past. It pained his heart.

"Jing Yi..." The great general gently calls. He holds Jing Yi's hand. "Listen up. Yuan Jin and I have nothing to do with each other. Well, actually my aunt and uncle used to arrange a marriage for me with him but both of us rejected the idea. I'm not interested in him while he already in love with someone else at that time. So, we're merely acquaintances. Please, believe me."