chapter 3: setting up for a new life

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the short chapter... please enjoy!

    -Nathaniel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

errors pov

Chara woke with a yawn.

"Good morning."

"Good morning!" They chirped back.

"So today, we need to get some things to clean up the shop, and some food too I guess." They nodded sadly. "Why does that make you down?"

"I don't think I can go with you."

"Nonsense." I stood, stretching my achey bones. "Let go. We can at least try." They floated behind me and I stepped out of the front door. Chara hesitated but came after me.

"Woah. I didn't know I could do that..." they mumbled. I gave them a small smile.

"Let's go. We have a lot to get." They beamed at me and we began to walk down the street. Chara gazed at the window displays of other shops, but we didn't see anything that stuck out.

Then we stumbled across a yarn shop. If my eyes could be stars, I think that's what they would've looked like.

"Come on, we have to check this store out." I said to chara. We walked in and I met the eyes of the shop owner. He startled.

"Hello. May I look around?" I asked. He nodded quickly and disappeared into the back of the store. That put me on alert, so I reminded myself to stay wary. Chara and I walked through the aisles, me occasionally grabbing a roll of yarn and inspecting it. I had at least 4 different colors in my arms when I heard chara gasp. I whipped around, looking for any threat. Chara was pointing at a lower shelf.

"Era you have to get that one." They said. I crouched down to see what they were talking about and gasped too. I grabbed the roll of yarn and stared at it lovingly. It was purple, blue, black, even a little pink, and all intertwined in a beautiful galaxy pattern. Random bits of star shaped glitter were strewn throughout the yarn.

"Chara I love you. If I could hug you, I would." I held the yarn and stood back up. "Time to check out, I suppose." I stepped up to the counter where the cashier sat. The bell on the door rang and I tensed, but didn't turn around. I instead pretended not to notice, and I just set the rolls of yarn down and smiled at the cashier.

"I'd like to buy these please." He nodded, but I noticed he looked nervous. I felt the presence that entered the shop moments ago step closer to me. I paid them no mind and set down the appropriate amount of gold for the yarn. He handed the rolls to me in a bag and I offered him one last smile before I turned around.

Some strange version of blue stood there. His eye glitched for a moment and he scowled. I was pretty tall compared to him.

"Sorry sir, Am I in your way?" I asked innocently.

"What are you doing here error?" He asked flatly. I made myself look confused.

"I'm sorry sir, Do I know you?" His face flashed shocked for a moment.

"I'm era!" I spoke somewhat cheerfully, putting on a facade to hopefully trick him. I then hefted the bag of yarn higher on my shoulder and smiled lightly. "Sorry if I bothered you, but I really must be going." I stepped around him and left. I sighed as soon as I was out of range of the store.