chapter 2

While Rue was in rehab, everyone at her school was celebrating the end of the school year. Summer was everyone's favorite time of the year, mostly because everyone was having parties.

Two people in particular who liked having the parties was Nate Jacobs and Chris McKay. Chris had just graduated a day ago and it was the first Friday since he did.

The two sat in Nate's room as Chris started texting people the time and place of the event.

"Who are you sending the invite to?" Nate asked.

Chris showed him everyone he just sent the link to. Nate looked it over before handing his phone back.

"There better not be any fucking nerds here dude." He said as he tossed Chris is phone back.

"Chill Nate." Chris chuckled. "Some of them are hot."

Nate looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "Alright." He raised his hands. "Whatever you say."

Chris chuckled, "We're Maddy and the girls? I thought they were gonna help us set up."

Nate shrugged. As he was shrugging across town, Maddy Perez was in the liquor store driving a shopping cart down the isles with her friends Kat Hernandez, BB, Cassie Howard, and her little sister Lexi Howard.

"I think it's just crazy that Rue could be dead right now." Maddy said as she read the post from their school's tea page, while driving the cart.

"I hope she's okay." Lexi said as she looked at the different shelves.

"Oh come on guys, it's Rue." Kat said as she put a big bottle of Tito's into the basket. "She has like a tolerance for drugs. She prob just took it a little over the edge."

"Please," BB said. "That girl's favorite activity is taking things over the edge."

Cassie sighed as she put in some mixers in the basket. "I mean it isn't her fault. Sometimes people have problems no one else knows about."

"But everyone knew what she was about since she did a line freshmen year of a basketball." Maddy smiled, remembering the memory.

"Look, enough sad talk, do you think we got enough shit?" BB asked.

The five of them began to look through the basket. "Let's see..." Maddy began. "Jack Daniels, Tito's, Svedka, Henny, and everyone's favorite... Everclear." She smiled as she held the bottle up for everyone to see.

BB scoffed. "You mean your favorite bitch, idk another bitch that can drink that shit like you do."

"That's what makes it my favorite." Maddy smiled.

"You know what my favorite thing is?" Kat asked. "How we're gonna get away with buying this stuff without them carding us."

Maddy looked at Kat and started laughing. "Sweetie, I got this." She handed her the keys to her car. "You and Lexi pull this to the front for me. Cassie, BB, and I will handle this."

Kat looked at them confused. "You know what it's just better I don't question it."

"True statement." Kat said as the two of them began to leave to go get the car.

Maddy then began to get her wallet out of her purse.

"The guy at the register doesn't look that bad." BB said.

"He looks kinda young." Cassie noticed.

"That's perfect." Maddy said as she rolled the cart up to the register.