04 | i hope he never lets me down again

" never let me down again ": depeche mode

: depeche mode

You sat on one side of the sofa, sprawled out carelessly as you looked at Five from behind

You sat on one side of the sofa, sprawled out carelessly as you looked at Five from behind. "Looking good as you always have, Five," you snickered.

"Oh fuck off," Five spat out, not turning his attention to you as he was occupied by looking up at a framed portrait of himself, front and center. He inspected it with scrunched brows and his hands shoved deep inside his short pockets.

Just then, Vanya entered which caused you to tear your gaze away from the back of your husband's head, and onto the woman who looked at the both of you with an unsure expression.

Five seemed to have sensed Vanya's presence as well as he suddenly spoke up, "Nice to know Dad didn't forget me," he then turned his head to look at Vanya, who only seemed to grow more unsure by the second.

Her gaze trailed downwards, slightly tinged with sadness. Though, she didn't have much time to wallow in it as Five spoke up again, staring straight into her. "Read your book, by the way," He said in a slightly grim tone, "Found it in a library that was still standing."

At that, a certain tension seemed to form and all three of them felt it. You kept quiet, though— Not wanting to butt into familial matters that don't really involve you, despite being Five's spouse. There's just some matters you can't have a say in at all despite being married, you know? Especially when Five's siblings barely knew you. "I thought it was pretty good, all things considered." Five then walked away from in front of Vanya, and sat down on the sofa next to the other regressed man? boy? Whatever, this was complicated.

He swiped his tongue over his dry lips, intertwining both of his own fingers together as he leaned slightly forwards in his seat, still looking straight into Vanya's eyes. "Yeah, definitely ballsy," he remarked with a tone dripping with sarcasm to which you nudged him for, but he didn't pay much mind to it. "Giving up the family secrets... Sure that went over well."