scrapped | and now i know how joan of arc felt

" bigmouth strikes again "
: the smiths

"You know," Five clicked his tongue, "Sometimes I question why I even married you in the first place."

A look of hurt flashes across your face, and he saw it. Saw how his words had affected you. Saw how usually you would've taken this rude remark of his with stride and teased him about it— Go on a tangent about how you were just so irresistible that he couldn't help but get on one knee on the pier and proposed to you right then and there as rainbows emerged from the skies and dolphins jumped behind the both you.

He was met with none of that.

Instead, he was met with the sound of your bitter laugh— Something you've never done with him before. "Well if you want me out of the picture so bad then let's just break up," it was obvious you were trying to keep a level tone but Five could easily tell you were about to cry judging from how raw and forced your voice sounded, "It's not that hard, right? Seeing as I just keep getting in your way and all."

"That's not what I—" Five tried to protest, but you cut him off by swiftly slipping the ring off your finger and throwing it to him not even a second after you took it off— As if you couldn't even stand the notion of holding it in your palms any longer than you're able to.

And with that, you sped off without alerting Hazel and Cha-Cha for his sake. The only sign you were even there in the first place being Delores' sleeves swaying in the direction you took off on.

'Nice going,' Delores had sarcastically remarked and Five sharply glared at her.

"Now's not the time for that," he grit through his teeth, holding her tighter than before. She just rolled her eyes at him, muttering about how it's his own damn fault you got upset and ran away, leaving him in his lonesome. And at that, he didn't have the heart to protest like he usually did because he knew she was right. As she always was, like you said.

He doesn't cry. He doesn't shed tears. That's just not him.

But he felt his throat lock up, as well as his heart dropping impossibly low. And he figures that he might as well be crying as he feels these sensations intensify after every second that passes without you beside him.

Fuck.

hello my wonderful readers! this was the angsty scrapped part i was talking about. i felt bad not updating for a month or something... i'm getting swamped by college entrance exams and stuff , but also i could NOT just leave everyone hanging onto the last chapter! so here you go, a little treat that will shortly be deleted as soon as i get the next chapter up and running!

thank you for the abundant support on this fic i really didn't expect it to get 22k views and almost 1k votes i'm truly touched that something self-indulgent turned out to be enjoyed by others too.