11-7-20 "Unwritten"

Start from the beginning

I kinda regretted having swapped seats with you. It was nice finally being able to copy my notes without stretching my neck. But I wouldn't be able to observe your back. I wouldn't be able to secretly have a sniff of your faint perfume. And it would be hard to sneak a glance without being caught.

What made me happy is when you would occasionally borrow my notebook. I figured now, you have terrible eyes which was probably why you couldn't finish copying your notes. You would never know the "kilig" I've felt everytime you returned my notes. The scent of your perfume remains on the pages for a long while. And back at home, I would sniff it like a dog.

Remembering it now makes me laugh. Oh how embarrassing it is to be telling you this now!

I would never know if you ever liked me back then. But I had the inkling that you kinda did. Or maybe I was just assuming all these time. Even so, you would seem to act jealous whenever I was around Dela Cruz. And I first noticed it when we were inside the physics laboratory.

Dela Cruz had just had a new hair cut. He was semi-bald. And I was very amused by the way that he looked and laughed real hard.

"Kinsa may nag kurte nimo kay ako barangon?" I asked Dela Cruz, still amused by his bald head. "Wahahaha. Opaw. Opaw."

And then all the while I thought you were busy trying to fix an instrument for the experiment. Or I thought you were reading the instructions. But then, out of the blue, you commented; "Ngano diay ug opaw? Opaw biya ako papa."

"Palamout man gud siya tan.awon." I replied to you.

You weren't even included on our conversation. I didn't quite know why you would have to point out that your father was also bald.

Then Dela Cruz sang this weird song, I couldn't quite comprehend what it was. So I laughed again. "Unsa man na imu gi kanta? Karaan naman guro na. "

"Bag.o man gud ni nako na dunggan sa radyo." Dela Cruz replied in defense.

"Pag sure oi. Murag karaan man gud. Hahaha." I said all the while trying to read the instructions of our experiment.

"Di diay ka ganahan ug karaan na kanta?" You asked me.

Again, you weren't included on the conversation. But why did you keep on butting in?

"Mas ganahan ko ug karaan nga music", you even added.

"Awww. Mas ganahan man sad ko. Nindot mn ang karaan na music. Palamout lang jud si Dela Cruz mu kanta. Hahaha." And then we started our lab class and moved along.

Then there was this time when me and Dela Cruz got to the classroom first after our computer lab class. I was stuck with him for quite a long while. It was really embarrassing. Someone from the other section thought we were dating inside the classroom. And then you came in and saw us. You looked displeased. Or was I again assuming it all?

Of course I was just assuming. I was crushing on you anyway. So even the slightest glance would mean something when it has no actual meaning.

Do you remember? Economics was always our time. It was our time to not listen to the boring ma'am Villarojo. Did I even recall her name correctly?

I will never forget that you, Belsien (God bless his soul), Mangubat and me would just chatter on during her class. Then we would make fun of Belsien because he was a solid One D fanatic. Then probably play stupid games or talk about stupid things.

I don't know why you always leave your lovely books at home. While I, on the other hand, am almost close to being the hunchback of Notre Dame, squeezing all the books inside my backpack. It was very heavy, just so you know. And my stupid brother wouldn't even help me carry my bag into our classroom.