Nine

As time passed, homework grew

As time passed, homework grew. Teachers were piling work onto the students with the arrival of Halloween. They were midway through the first term by now. The professors were looking to see where their students were at academically.

Apollo, despite being a Ravenclaw, a house famous for their intelligence and want to learn, could not wait for the work to stop. More precisely, the Hogsmeade trip. Those trips were perhaps some of Apollo's favourites. He got to hang out with his friends, some of the only ones he had, and get away from the work he had at school.

Eventually that day did arrive. October thirty first. Halloween. Apollo was giddy with excitement. Excitement that he could luckily hide under an emotionless mask.

The blonde found himself walking alongside his two best friends, making their way to the village. There was a light breeze and a soft snowfall, but it was not too cold despite those factors. Apollo had chosen to wear a hoodie that had been designed for him by his grandfather, who, after his success, decided to make some for his grandchildren. It was black in colour and had a thunderbird on it. His cousin had a similar one, except it was navy blue and had a phoenix on it. He was certain they were wearing it.

His friends were equally dressed as he was, none of them dress for the cold that would come in the coming month. It would be alright for the moment though. A time to enjoy themselves.

As the trio walked, they made sure to ignore the excited third years. It was their first year at Hogsmeade, so of course they were excited. The other kids were excited too, excited to get out of school, if just for a day.

As soon as they arrived at the village, Cedric pointed to every store he wanted to visit during their trip. "Spintwitches Sporting Needs, Honeydukes and that quill shop," He listed, using a hand to gesture to the village.

"Oh, Spintwitches! I need to go there too," Adrian agreed. "I also need to stop at Zunko's. I want to see if they have any green hair dye. If they don't I'll check the Hairdressing shop," He continued as they walked. "I want to turn Malfoy's hair green. It'll be hilarious!"

Apollo shook his head, a small smile grazing his lips at the thought. "Aren't you the same guy who told me not to go mess with him?" He asked jokingly.

Adrian jabbed his elbow into his friend's side. "He won't know it's me," He replied, smiling widely.

"Anywhere you need to go, Apollo?" Cedric cut in, not wanting to be left out of a conversation.

Apollo shrugged. "I'd like to stop by the bookshop, and maybe see if they having any guitar picks at Maestro's," He said after a moment of thought.

They decided, in silent agreement, to go to the Sports shop first. Spintwitches Sporting Needs was a store the three often visited during their trips to Hogsmeade Village, even just to look at the new arrivals. As all three of them played Quidditch, they liked to see what new brooms and whatnot were available.