Tsukiyama Residence

Start from the beginning

The girl blushed, dwindling with her hair a bit while hiding her face with the plate she was holding. Shuu laughed.

"Sorry, Rea is quite shy. She is also new in my household, because of her delicacy." He said with a bit of accent rolling in. "Show him, Rea."

Rea seemed nervous, taking unbalanced steps in place. Shuu sighed and smiled gently. "He is the same as you, darling." He said.

She flinched and stared at me. The same as me? Does that mean she's a half ghoul? He has a half ghoul working for him?

She closed her eyes and opened them, her right eye that of a ghouls. I stared for a long time in awe, she covered her face again, blushing.

Shuu got up and walked around the girl, she flinched, her eyes wide with a fake smile. Was she... shaking?

Suddenly, my head spinned, my body became heavy and I fell off the chair onto the ground, I looked up at Shuu in question. Was that food poisoned with something?!

"You see, Levin. Before, I had Rea here to take a bite off of every now and then, just to quench my hunger for my old friend I lost. But it seems..." He suddenly bring out his kagune, a koukaku class in the shape of a sword wrapped around his arm, and stabbed Rea right through the chest.

"I don't need her anymore... because I have you now, Levin!" He had a crazy smile on his face forming. That feeling when I first met him, it's coming back! He's evil, he tricked me!

He licked the blood off his sword and let the body drop to the ground. "I expect that mess to be cleaned up." Shuu said while walking over to me with a grin.

"au revoir, Levin." He whispered as I fell unconscious.

Vincent POV

"No guards?" I murmured under my breath as I pulled the car to the curb. Kurona scanned the sidewalks, her hoodie over her head and striped mask on. She shrugged, so this place isn't guarded, weird...

I crawl out of the car with Rize behind me, the storm had gotten worse, it was raining cats and dogs. Within a few seconds, my new jacket is drenched. I hope this doesn't ruin it.

"What's our plan of attack, oh fearless leader." Rize said with a sadistic smirk.

Kurona walked to the gate, looking upwards at the height, then easily jumped right over it. Well, she's impatient, isn't she? I follow, but stop and look down at Rize.

I frown. "Stay there. If we don't come out within the hour, come in as back-up." I explained.

Rize sighed, crossing her arms. "Whatever. Don't keep me waiting." She said as she crawled back into the car to keep from getting wet.

Well at least she didn't argue. I turn back and see that Kurona is no longer there, she's gone! Where did that girl go now?!

I jump down and run to the mansion, all I hear besides my footsteps are the pouring rain and the thunder every now and then. I stop near a window and peer through, then duck again, seeing a couple of maids.

They were dragging a body, it looked like another maid... but why was she dead? Their taking her body in a locker. Once their inside the huge locker, I suppose to organize the food, I take out my lock picks, and begin to work on the window lock.

Hey, everyone needs a hobby.

It clicks open and I slowly push it open, and silently jump in, crouch walking to the locker door. I grab the handle and close it fast, pushing the lock tight. I hear mufflers of yelling inside.

Too bad ladies, looks like your going to be a bit more chilly tonight than usual. I walk down the hall, the red carpet and curtains made this place feel like it was from some bad horror movie.

I stop at a corner and peer inside a room, it seems to be a large room with stairs to the upper floors. Would Levin be held upstairs or downstairs? Thinking briefly, I freeze once seeing three maids walking down the hall. I panic, looking around quickly for a place to hide.

I jump behind a large chair, and crouch there, waiting. As they pass, I hear them talking.

"The boss is super excited, huh?" Said one.

"Yeah, he loves messing with half ghouls, doesn't he." Said another.

The last one of heard make scowling noise. "Tch. He just wants a distraction. I dont see why he doesn't show us some attention." She said.

They all giggle as they pass me and head down the hall. I stand and make a disgusted look. What sluts.

I head into the large room and scan it, busts and pictures of the Tsukiyama family line are lined up on the walls. I look up the stairs, looks like I'm searching upstairs first.

I climb the steps carefully, a tiny noise appearing every time I step. Once I make it on the type floor, I quickly and silently walk down the hall, sniffing the air. Levin has a certain smell to him, no way he can hide in a place like this.

But the entire place smells of ghouls, everyone here was no doubt one. I stop at a door and sniff the outline. I feel like a bloodhound. But the door...

Levin has got to be inside! I open it and walk inside, I wander slowly inside the room. A window next to a desk, some drawers and file cabinets. Looks like some office.

" bonjour, Vincent. It's been some time, hasn't it?" Said a French accented voice.

I flinch and turn to the chair, it spinner around to reveal Shuu, his smirk reaching to his ears.

"Yeah... a long time indeed." I said while getting in a fighting stance.

Shuu whipped around a wine glass filled with crimson liquid which I supposed wasn't wine. "I heard you were taken hostage awhile back from some ghouls wanting Levin, am I right?" He asked.

I frown. "Yeah. Got the drop on me. But don't think I'm gonna let my guard down around you." I said with a dark voice.

He chuckles. "Yes, that's the Vincent I know. Cold and deadly."

"Shut up." I said under my breath.

"Where did the deadly Vincent Valhalla go? Where is Scorpion?" He said, nagging at me on purpose.

"Shut up!" I yelled, clenching my fists.

Shuu stood, laughing. "But you were so alluring back then, when you were S rated by the doves, when you killed anyone who pissed you off even a little. Even I couldn't get too close." He grinned.

"That's not me." I said in a low tone, glaring at him like I was trying to drill a hole in his head. On my back, pushed out two giant scorpion tails, glowing a dark blue, an Ukaku.

He spread his arms out, his kagune sprouting like a sharp rose thorn. "Then let us reminiscence about the past, together! Venir!"