Torso

" If we cannot now end our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity."
- John F. Kennedy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

Having Rize walk around town with me was weird feeling. I smell human, so Torso won't know I'm a threat until after I start to capture him. Using Rize as bait actually made her happy that she was able to walk around.

She hasn't had many times she can walk around I suppose. But I feel guilty for using her.

"Will this really work?" Said the voice on my ear piece, Vincent talking to me through it.

I shrug, even though he's not in front of me. "Dunno, she's wearing a dress wear her back shows, so the scar is pretty visible." I said, glancing at Rize's back.

The slender figure was beautiful, other than that nasty scar. It made her look frail and fragile. But Rize was anything but that. But she trusted me enough that she'd go along with my plan and show off that scar with the public.

Some people took notice and stared in awe and shock. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a taxi. The number was correct, perfect timing, I was getting tired of walking anyway.

I tug Rize's shoulder and wave down the taxi. Rize smirked for a moment, knowing full well who was driving as we climbed in.

Torso looked back with a smile, not knowing I was the Crow. He must think I'm just prey for her. But if he's this desperate for a scar, even from a ghoul, then this is perfect to the plan.

"What are two young people doing out on the town today?" He asked, a fairly normal tone of voice. I thought this guy would be creepy.

Before I could come up with an answer, Rize spoke up happily. "Oh, just a small date." She perked up.

I flinch and look out the window to avoid that grin she had. Trying to trick me isn't nice, Rize. I can't tell if she's doing this to tease me or to get closer to me so she can take a bite outta me.

Torso laughed. "Hehe. Kids these days. Is it okay if we take a short cut?" He asked, looking down a small street.

Rize nodded and leaned back, looking completely relaxed. I on the other hand was a bit tense, I need to calm down somehow...

But as I'm about to, Rize decides to grab my arm and snuggle it into her chest region. I go red as a tomato and laugh nervously. "Nows not the time for that!" I whisper.

"Then when is the time to do this?" She teased.

"Never, there is never a time to do this!" I whisper yelled at her.

Suddenly, the car stopped, jerking both me and Rize forward a bit. I look out the window to see an alley. So cliche.

Torso calmly got out and opened the door for Rize and me. What's he planning to do? We get out normally, acting as confused as we can. Torso's hand suddenly flies out, grabbing me by the neck and pushing me against the concrete wall.

"I didn't expect such a wonderful girl to have a scar like that. Even though she's a ghoul... doesn't matter. As for you..." he said to me, glaring at me with a smile.

"I'll get rid of you-!" As he starts to aim his hand to impale me with it, a kagune limb stabs his shoulder, and wraps around the wound, pulling him off his feet.

Rize laughed. "Look how he's squirming! How hilarious." She said with a sadistic voice. I suppose this is a field day for her since she hasn't been able to kill anyone in three years.

Torso grit his teeth and tried to break free, but Rize's other limb stabbed him in the leg, making him flinch and yell in pain. "Now now. Don't struggle too much, it'll only hurt more." She said.

"Your coming with us, Torso." I said while walking around him and tying his hands together. "Don't struggle and we won't kill you."

Torso did struggle a bit, but Rize twisted her limbs that were impaled in him, and he stopped in fear and pain. As I'm about to push him back in the cab, I hear footsteps stop at the end of the alley.

I stop and turn my head towards a cloaked man, wearing the mask that describes just who we were baiting.

"Serpent?" I asked, waving my hand at Rize to put Torso in the car.

Serpent eyed Rize for a long time before turning his head to me. "That man is mine." He said in a low voice.

"Then take off that mask and we can talk, like gentleman." I said, this makes him flinch from surprise.

"Thats surprising, your not going to attack me?" He asked, tilting his head in curiosity.

I grin. "I don't want to hurt someone I'm planning on having a long chat with." I said.

Serpent stays quiet for a long time, then crossed his arms.

"Go on."

(Thank you all for 30k views! And to think this is only a fraction of how long this story will be! Nonetheless I hope you continue to enjoy and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171