V; internal and external pain

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢ 

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢ 

   Wind whipped in Idalia's face as she narrowed her eyes, trying to see the outline of the castle in the dark night. Her heart was beating so fast and it probably skipped a beat as she looked down, noting how high up she was. The Gryphon that was carrying her, flew right beside the one that was holding Edmund. When they neared the towers of the castle Idalia looked at Edmund and both nodded at the same time. The soldier guarding the tower was completely unaware the two were coming at him.

   While Edmund and his Gryphon landed on the roof, Idalia was dropped at the back of it. Her boots made a loud sound on impact with the stone ground. She was certain the solider heard that so she grabbed her sabre and pressed her back against the wall. Before the guard could do anything the Gryphon grabbed him and pulled him up away from the tower. Edmund jumped down from the roof, Idalia joined him with her sabre still out. The boy pulled out, Idalia didn't know what it was, but it signalled the others they could come.

   ''You go. I can manage myself from now on.'' Edmund said and motioned with his hand.

   Idalia nodded and turned around. Her eyes peeked over the edge of the tower, a plan formulating in her mind. She climbed over the stones and dropped down on a roof. She tried to step as lightly as possible so other guards wouldn't notice her. Her dark hair and clothing helped with disguise much more. She finally arrived at a door that led to inside and was significantly lower than the tower Edmund was on.

   She looked around as it seemed to be unprotected. Once she opened the door quietly she noticed a soldier walking up and down the corridor. He had his back to Idalia so she had the perfect opportunity to sneak behind him. She swiftly walked on her tippy toes, before she grabbed the man's face, putting her hand over his mouth so he wouldn't yell. Grabbing her knife from the waistband she then used to slit his throat. The man fell down with a thud, no other noise emitting him.

   Idalia continued through the hallways, avoiding other guards mainly. At one of the doors, voices could be heard, which was strange for the middle of the night, then when she thought again they might be voices of people she knew. She opened the door to look inside to which she was met with Peter's sword and Susan was aiming an arrow at her. Idalia widened her eyes and raised her hands in self-defence. In one hand she still held the same knife, which now had blood on it.

   Peter rolled his eyes and lowered his sword, while Susan furrowed her eyebrows at the knife. Idalia quickly wiped the blood away on her tunic, her eyes centring on the fourth person in the room. Caspian glanced around, his face portraying panic.

   Susan turned back around to Caspian. ''We can take care of Miraz.''

   Idalia furrowed her eyebrows. Are they changing the plan? The room noticing it looked a lot like a study but there was no professor around. The professor Caspian was talking to her about wasn't here like he was supposed to be. Idalia didn't need much more information to know what Caspian's intentions were.