T h r e e

The tree girls stare back at each other for what seemed like hours.

The two who had just arrived had agreed to come to visit her after Damon tells him of his new discovery. Belle Lockwood was very sick and in drastic conditions. The brunette and the blonde wanted to prove to Damon there was no use being afraid of the girl.

Belle

"Um hello. Im Belle." I say shifting my glance between these two strangers. How did they find me? I don't know of anyone that knows I'm here.

"Nice to meet you Belle." The one who's name was Caroline says and she sit in the chair to the right of me.

"Yeah nice and to meet you." The one named Elena to the left of me.

"So your new in town?" Caroline asks me as she leans forward in interest.

"You've noticed?" My eyes grew wide. I didn't realize that my arrival to Mystic Falls was so noticed.

"It's a small town. Everybody knows everybody." Elena says with a big smile.

I hug a pillow closer to my chest and touch the tube leading to my nose that helps me take each presious breath out of nervousness.

"So... you know Carol?" Caroline says making conversation.

"Yeah. She's my aunt." I say watching my feet move under the sheets as I moved my toes.

"Really? I didn't know there were more Lockwoods other siblings. Other then Mason and the mayor. What brings you to this small town?" Caroline says to me.

"Well I'm in a hospital as you've gathered. I was dumped here by my dad." I say glancing at the both of them from the corner of my eyes.

"So your Tyler's cousin, right?" Elena said with a smile.

"You know Tyler?!" I spin to look at Elena and she looked taken back.

"Uh yeah we go to school together. We're actually really good friends..." She says slowly.

"Do you know where Tyler is?" I say sitting up straighter.

Caroline sits and watches from the other side of the hospital bed. At the mention Tyler's name, Belle just totally perked up. Though the beeping of the heart monitor did not go unnoticed.

"Tyler has been gone this whole summer. No one has been able to get a hold of him." Elena says gently.

"So, my aunt lied to me." I say more to myself.

"So he's run off... and no one knows where he is?" I look now at Caroline for an answer.

"Yes, I'm really sorry Belle." She says putting an hand on my arm.

"But I need... I need... Need... You need to find him.." My breathing gets heavier, my eyes get wider, I look at the two of them.

"BELLE!" Elena jumps from her seat. Belle had fallen back on the bed, and her body moved in unnatural movements. A loud beeping rang through the room, and suddenly a team of doctors and nurses rushed into the room, and Caroline and Elena were pushed out of the room.

***

"So you two went to the hospital and were kicked out." Damon turns to them with a quizzical look on his face.

"We weren't kicked out! She started to convulse on the bed and we were forced to leave." Elena said sitting back into the couch in the Salvatore Boarding House.

"But you did find out that she is Carols niece and she was dumped her by her father. What happened to her mom? The last Lockwood." Damon says pacing away.

"Yes. But now more then ever we need to get in contact with Tyler. She needs him. I don't know what's wrong with her, but as soon as we walked on that hospital floor level I smelt death." Caroline says to Damon. Damon is silent as he thinks. He already made it quite clear that he didn't like the idea of a possible werewolf sitting in town, and wasn't sure what to think of it...

"Fine. Lets find Tyler. He just better not bring any unwanted company with him."

***
"Hey you've reached Tyler, leave a message after the beep."

"Hey Tyler, its Caroline. Im just calling as to when your thinking of coming back to Mystic Falls? I know your probably having way more fun somewhere else, but I just wanted to tell you something. girl named Belle Lockwood just came into town and she's looking for you, your her cousin right? Well you should just come back pronto, it's pretty bad. Ok hope to see you soon Tyler."

Caroline shuts her phone and just hopes for the best.

***
Unknown Pov

The hospital was surprisingly dark, and rather quite at this time of night.

I come to hospitals a lot like this. Just watch and look around. Of all the different forms of life. Old life, new life, or the end of life.

But many of these people still lie there with a choice. If they wanted to keep breathing or, keep on the fight. At least they had a choice as to how they wanted to end their life, or begin it.

I wasn't given that luxury.

I can also hear every heart beating, and I can smell the blood. Traveling through the levels of this hospital I saw and heard all of it.

I got to this one level and an almost sad smell that hung in the air. The people on this level looked as if they were on the brink of death. I walk down the hallway with hands behind my back and the people passing me payed to mind.

I had to stop myself before I passed a certain room. A small frail girl laid upon the bed. Did she get put on the wrong floor? The rest of the floor was filled with the old, not with the young.

I noticed a breathing tube assisting her with every rise and fall of her chest. I see a file of papers sitting on the outside of the door.

"Excuse me sir, do you know what time it is?"

I turn my head and see a women coming to me from down the hall.

I am gone within seconds and all I can remember is this.

The bright orange head of hair, paired with the name Belle Lockwood.

After thousands of years of living this stuck with me.

Klaus.