Chapter 17

As you lay in bed, you got lost in your thoughts.

Honest to god, you never thought you'd find love. Your whole view had changed. You thought your life would be with Doug, or end with you dead because one of these days he would have killed you. Maybe push you a little too hard or press the knife a little too deep.

It didn't however.

You escaped and found Spencer. Even when you thought you were broken, he showed you you could be healed. All it took was time.

You learned, the wrong person makes you beg for attention, affection, love and commitment. The right person gives you these things because they love you.

You remembered all the cuddle sessions you would have, at home or on the jet. The little things you both did that made the other fall even harder. 

One time you both built a fort accompanied with snacks and cuddles while watching movies. You dubbed them movie nights and you loved them.

Whenever the team had bonfires outside, you snuggled in his lap and you both smiled the entire night. One time you told him it was too cold and you had nothing to cover your ears so for that night he would use his hands. You just laughed but ever since then, he brought your favorite beanie.

You remembered watching the stars with him, trying to ice skate, his drawings he made for you, his soft touch, the way his hand moved so delicately in your hair, everything.

Rarely, if you got in an argument and refused to talk to him, he would do things to force you to.

Once, he tightened the pickle jar when you were making dinner. You couldn't make the food without them so you had to ask him to open it, which obviously meant you had to speak to him. His smirk grew when you approached the bed, knowing his plan had in fact, worked.

Another time, he stole your keys and shoes so you couldn't leave to go to work without him. You would either A, have to ask him for them back or B, walk into work barefoot. You had almost done option B but he gave them back after seeing how serious you were and told you about all the diseases you could've contracted.

One of his favorites was, he would softly kiss you until you said something about it. Whether you were watching movies, trying to focus on a case, or whatever it may be. You did like it you had to admit but it drove you crazy not being able to say anything. You never stayed mad at him for long.

One time, you had enough.

"Okay now you're really making it hard." You breathed as you pushed him against the wall. He sheepishly smiled.

"Now you're talking to me." He innocently hummed.

You pushed his head to the side and he tried to move to look at you but you held a strong grip. You moved your face close to his and his breathing quickened. You chuckled at how nervous he got when you went all dominant.

You started mimicking his soft kisses, peppering them along his jawline. He smiled and his cheeks slightly flushed.

"Do you like it when I do this?" You said in between pecks. He went to open his mouth to speak and you covered it with your hand.

"That's how I felt." You panted, quickly pulling away and straightening your jacket, walking away like nothing happened. You left him in a complete daze.

You knew how to be cocky and get under his skin. Doug never let you do anything to him, unless ordered, and you learned on your own. It was fun and you loved teasing Spencer.

You had realized what it was. It was him. Something about him made you feel like you were going to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. And in the end you learn who is fake, who is true, and who would risk it all for you.

Everything in your life led up to this.

Everything you've ever done, every person you've ever met, every experience you've ever had was a part of who you were today, adding interesting layers to your being, and colorful depths to your soul. Everything needed to be as it was, so you could grow as you did and do.

It wasn't right what you went through with Doug but your past didn't define you. You chose what defined you.

She was the girl who made my bad days better, the one that makes me say "my life changed since I met her."

Spencer stared into the bare white ceiling, lightly tracing circles on your back.

I wake up at 2am, roll over, see your face and I know that in that moment I'm right where I'm supposed to be. What I have with you, I don't want with anyone else.

I wish I could explain your eyes and how the sound of your voice gave me butterflies. How much I adore your sweet touch, and how your hands perfectly fit interlocked with mine. How your smile made my heart skip a beat and how every time I'm with you, I feel so complete.

I want to marry you.

I just hope you feel the same way.

Love isn't always perfect.

It isn't a fairytale or a storybook. And it doesn't always come easy.

Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on and never letting go. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, and impossible to live without.

Love is work, but most of all, love is realizing that every hour, every minute, and every second was worth it because you did it together.

In the end, there doesn't have to be anyone who understands you. There just has to be someone who wants to. All relationships go through hell, real relationships get through it.

——————————————————————
This was a last minute chapter and I don't know how it feel about it. I just wanted to add some cute things they did as a couple and what they thought about each other :)