Chapter Seven (Dinner with the Amami Family)

En başından başla

I blinked a few times in surprise. "How did you know that?"

Aprill had a response for that question as if she already knew I was going to ask her that. "I have met a few genderfluids and they do small things like that to show what gender they feel like that day."

Ah, that did make sense. "Oh, I see."

She smiled again, causing me to suddenly realise I had not asked her an important question. "Um April do you have a name you would like me to call you or different pronouns?

April blinked as if she wasn't expecting such a question. "No, I was born with the name April, I will always be April, and She/Her pronouns please."

Before I could respond she asked me her own question, "Well on days that you are a girl what shall I call you?"

That was easy. I always loved the name I had picked. Sometimes I wished I was born with it. "My name is Rae."

I had the extra bracelet on today, I am Rae.

"Well, then Rae, thank you for listening to me and telling me this, I believe it's hard to tell others but I'm glad I can trust you." She was smiling, before she stood up and stretched. "Well, it was nice hanging out and studying but I know dad is waiting for me to come home so I better go." She gave me a hug before wipering. "Thank you".

I followed her down the stairs, Kokichi was laying down in Shuchi's lap as Shuichi was playing on the switch.

"I don't know why you insisted on laying on me Kokichi, it's embarrassing." He mumbled, reaching up and pulling his twenty one pilots cap down.

"Well I wanted a pillow, and you Shuchi are an emo detective, and a very good pillow." Kokchi responded before noticing the two of us, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "I thought Mrs. Four Eyes would have been gone by now."

April only glanced at the two of them before giggling. "I wasn't expecting this, Kokichi are you cheating on my sister?"

"Huh?" Kokichi asked before turning over in Shuichi's lap, and pulling Shuichi's shirt down a bit by accident causing Shuichi to yelp lightly in surprise before fixing it.
Kokuchu ignored the slight yelp and frowned as if he was disappointed "I'm surprised that you didn't hear. Your sister dumped me."

"Why? You don't look very upset about it." She mumbled, causing him to wave her off. "She asked me out, I didn't even like her like that, really I believe she asked me out because of a dare."

Shuichi was a blushing mess. "Even if he was cheating on Megan it would not be with me!" He squeaked, pulling his hat lower trying to cover his eyes even more.

She laughed again. "Well even if he was I support it. April turned and hugged me again. "I'll see you monday", and she skipped out the door.

Shuichi was a blushing mess before he finally pushed Kokichi off of his lap. "You made my leg fall asleep." He probably only pushed him off because he was so flustered, well maybe his leg falling asleep too.

Kokichi didn't care; he was grinning before turning over to me and suddenly pulling me down onto the couch with them.

"Our beloved Rantaro is not going anywhere!"

Ranatro

Should I tell them?

The simple thought bounce around before the words came spilling out of my mouth

"Rae." I said stopping both of them as they looked at me surprised.

Did I just really just say my preferred name right now with no context?