Chapter 9

Cathy's POV
"I am just Cathy and you are just Spencer" I say in response

"Yeah" He say getting up and walking just past me. I could see and hear the disappointment. This is for the best. But I can't help feel also disappointed.

"Cathy, come on, we gotta get going" JJ tells me

I follow right behind everyone. We get into different cars, with the boys in one and girls in the other.

"I'm exhausted, I could barely sleep last night. The couple in the next room kept making so much noise" Emily says

"Sorry" I say in response

"Sorry for what?" She asks

"For keeping you up last night" I say smiling

"Cathy! You dirty girl. I do not condone cheating partners, but I will allow since it's Spencer" She says

"I feel dirty and guilty, but I don't regret one moment of any of it. I'm the cheating fiancé." I say sighing a big sigh

"What you did was wrong on every level, but let's be real, Micah is just a person that filled the void temporarily. Who you were really waiting for was Spencer. You felt like you couldn't wait any longer, so you thought Micah was the perfect replacement"

"Micah is a good person, he's completely different from Spencer, but there are attributes to him that are good and charming. I want to make it work with him. Spencer left and he left a tear in me that Micah helped with, you may not understand my decisions, but I do hope you respect them" I say

"Okay Cathy, if you feel like Micah is good for you, then I will be happy to give him a chance, but I will not hesitate to say I told you so, when things go wrong" Emily says

"I expect nothing less" I say in response

We finally arrive at Las Vegas police station. We were greeted by the officer in charge of the department and he led us into a room that was filled with pictures of the victims body. 

As we dissected through the files and getting a rough profile, we kept getting stumped on if the unsub was actually someone in power or someone who wanted power. 

Spencer kept pacing back and forth, while Morgan and Emily revisited all the crimes scenes, while JJ, Hotch, Rossi and I went to and interviewed as much staff as we could. 

I kept myself busy as much as possible keeping my mind off of things, everything that would be make me distracted from the case. At the end of the first day, nothing got accomplished. And we all went back into our hotel rooms.

I go into my new room and looks exactly like the room that Spencer and I shared last night, just more empty looking. I went into the bathroom to freshen up but I had nothing there. 

All my stuff was back in the other room and I needed to get my stuff back. I walked out of my door and I slowly dragged myself to his room. I was hesitant to knock on the door. I stood there looking at the door for a few seconds before actually knocking. 

"Cathy?" Spencer opens the door

"I need my stuff" I say quietly

"Yeah, of course go ahead" He says opening the door wide open for me to enter

I go over to the closet and retrieve my belongings. Slowly packing my things up.

"Get anywhere with the interviews today?" He asks filling up the silence  in the room

"I think I interviewed maybe close to a hundred people and I feel like we've got nothing"

"We have tomorrow" He says

"Another day for us to find another victim? Spencer, he's killed so many people already and he doesn't need another body to add to the pile."

"Don't let this get personal Cathy."

"Don't remind me Spencer, I know my limits. I have a lot of things on my mind right now"

"Okay, I'm sorry"

"Stop apologizing"

"I don't know what you want me to say or do"

"Don't do anything, just stand there and don't try and get into my head"

"How am I getting into your head? I'm just standing, having a normal conversation with you"

"You're making me question everything" 

"How? What am I doing?"

"You came back! I thought you left me for another woman! And I accepted that. I accepted that you moved on. And you're back and you tell me how much you love me makes me want to run back to you!"

"Why am I to blame for any of this?"

"You left me!"

"Because if I didn't she would've killed you and our kids"

"How would you have known? She could've been bluffing Spencer"

"I wasn't about to take that risk, either way I going to lose you! And in the end I did. I knew you weren't going to understand."

"I want to hate you so bad Spencer"

He starts to come closer to me, making me walk backwards and hitting the wall, with no where to go

"Come on hit me, take your anger out on me" 

"Stop Spencer, don't get any closer"

"Hit me Cathy, hit me!" He says

"No!" 

He suddenly stops, and gets closer to me. 

"I may look weak, but I can take it" 

"Please stop Spencer" I struggle to say through my weak cries

"You don't have to worry about me. I won't ever try to get in the way of your new relationship. I will try to coparent with you and be good friends from now on. I hate to see you like this and if Micah is who will make you happy then I have no business standing in the way of your happiness. I love you more than anything. And if I need to let you go to someone else then so be it."

I say nothing in response, I just buried myself deep into his chest crying.

"I should let you get back to your room" He says trying to push me off

"Kiss me, one last time please" I say as I knew this was us really parting ways

He just put hands around my face and gave me passionate kiss. He kissed me like this was the last time he was ever going to see me. I kiss back more aggressively pulling on his hair. I felt his hands wrapping around my body, but I knew this would soon lead to something else. I pull away.

"Goodbye Spencer" I say pulling away and grabbing my things and leaving. I rush back into my room and dropped everything at the foot at the door and run straight into bed, crying myself to sleep.

Authors Note: Not going to lie, I did not think I'd be posting 2 chapters this week. But I was watching criminal minds and got inspired to finish this chapter. Anyway I will post another chapter on Wednesday hopefully, but I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. Thank you for all the comments and the likes. Love you all~~~~~