He chose to play it as best he could. "Your soulmate?".

"Yeah, but you didn't tell me your name", she laughed, pleased by that brief exchange of jokes. Loki joins in.

"Just call me soulmate for now," he answers immediately, sipping wine from time to time. "It makes things even more interesting, don't you agree?".

Though he couldn't see it, the reaction can be deduced from the tone of his voice. "I can't blame you, you're right", she announces, probably smiling. Although it is not clear to him why, Loki's soul seems to lighten to the sound of a sigh from her.

"I already see a glorious future for us. We've been talking for less than five minutes and you're already agreeing with me, fate never seems to be wrong", he continues, and even if he can't know it, the soul that is connected to him is smiling more than she was aware she could do. "I have listened to you a lot in the last few days, even though I have not been able to communicate with you. You are always talking about a certain... Superhero, I guess?".

"Oh, you listened to the most obsessive and embarrassing part of me", she giggles, probably ready to feel pure shame for having given such a first impression to the person with whom she should have lived the rest of her days. "Loki, I suppose."

"Yeah, him. Loki," he replies immediately, pretending to be in the dark of everything. Was that the right move? He can't know that, no matter how much he was trying to behave as less suspiciously as possible. Then, everything changes: he brings a hand to his face. Really? Is that all you can ask after you've just revealed yourself to her? Good move, idiot. "Exactly, him. Would you mind telling me what this is all about? It must be important to be at the centre of all your conversation."

"He... Well, let's start with the fact that he's Thor's brother, I don't know if you know him."

"Thor?"

"Exactly."

Loki just mumbles, inviting her to continue.

"And it's quite important to me because he's particular, in constant conflict, misunderstood." She frowns. How does hse know so much? Do they really write so much about him too, on the planet Midgard? He decides to take a step forward.

"Because of his family, am I right?"

The girl grumbles with approval. "Exactly. They've been filling him with lies ever since he was born, basically. And this pile of lies put on top of each other have created a man... Difficult, no doubt. But full of pain. Different facets that no one close to him has been able to understand. And the lack of understanding, of affection and of truth led him to cause some... Damage. Let's call them that."

She takes a big, long breath after talking at length about how important he was. Loki can feel his throat start to pinch. He swallows, continuing to drink, regardless of the consequences. He certainly didn't expect the speech to progress so melancholy so easily. Yet, he should have known, since it was he himself who introduced the topic. Stupid of him, to be called one of the cleverest Gods that ever existed.

And yet, he doesn't feel like stopping. Not to say that he would have no idea how to change the subject. "It's a tough story," he admits, lowering his gaze to his fingers, tightly around the glass. His gaze begins to get lost, while putting all his concentration on that conversation. "But I can understand his pain."

For a while he receives no answer. He knows that he has gambled a little too much, that's for sure. But what to do? He couldn't jump from one subject to another as if nothing had happened, regardless of the incredible words she had spent on him. She is cornered. "But I am sure that everything you are saying would help him. You would be the perfect person for him."