Chapter 12: Snowstorm

Start from the beginning

"What is for dinner Matvey?" Russia asked. Canada turned from the stove and looked at him.

"It's a surprise." He smiled. Russia raised an eyebrow.

"Oh?"

"Yup. Just wait." He said. "You can't stay in the kitchen though."

"Why?"

"You'll ruin the surprise." Canada said in a childish tone. Russia smirked a bit at the comment.

"Alright. Alright. I'll leave." He said starting to leave but stopped and tried to peek over at what he was cooking. Canada stood in front of the food he was making and gave Russia a look. "Okay fine." He said and left back to his room. Kumajirou was sleeping on the Russian's bed until Russia plopped the pillow on the bear and woke him up. "You better not have fleas."

"I don't."

"Better not."

Almost an hour passed when Canada called Russia down for dinner. Once he did, he was a bit surprised at what the Canadian made. "Is that…"

"I'm sorry if I didn't make it right. I followed the recipe the best I could." Canada said.

"Well I hope you made it right." Russia said sitting down. Canada gave him the food, a Russian dish called Solianka, and sat with his own, hoping he did it right. Russia looked at it, it sure did look like the soup he knew, and tried a bit. It tastes the same good, very good, and it surprised him. The boy made it perfect.

"How is it?" Canada asked. Russia looked at him

"You are impressive. It's great."

"R-Really?"

"Da. That hobby of yours certainly is good. You made it the same way I do." Russia ate more, enjoying the meal.

Canada smiled at the praise. "Thank you. I'm glad it came out well."

"You had everything to make it? There are a lot of ingredients."

"I actually did…" Canada scratched the back of his head. Russia smiled a bit. Kumajirou came running in and slide across the floor to Canada's feet, it automatically got both nation's attentions. "K-Kumaru?"

"It's snowing!" The bear said and stood up on his back two legs. "A lot! The ground's already covered!" Russia didn't like that idea already, he would be coming soon then.

"Already?…" Canada questioned. "It wasn't suppose to start til night."

"Well it's starting now. Can I go play in it?"

"No. It's too dark outside."

"Boo." Kumajirou pouted. "Meany."

"I'm not mean. The last time you went out at night, you ended up getting stuck in the snow and got clumps of it in your fur."

"Sooooo."

"You had to get a bath remember?" Canada said. Kumajirou shut up, he didn't like baths. Russia watched the two talk and finished his food.

"So. What will we be doing tonight?" Russia asked, he was bored and a bit lonely. He wanted the Canadian's company too. Canada shrugged.

"We? Um. I dunno. We could watch a movie?"

"Da. That sounds good."

"Unless the power goes out again." Kumajirou said. Russia looked at Canada.

"The power goes out?"

"Yeaaaa. Um…. America tried this electric thing that he didn't wanna try at his place so he did it here and now if it gets too cold, which it usually does, the power goes out…. It sucks." Canada said scratching the back of his head.