Chapter 19

Lisa woke up in a bigger bed than she was used to. She stirred and frowned. Her eyes opened and when they did, she panicked. She was not at her house, in her bed. She was at Nikki's. Lisa shot up from the bed which was a terrible move. Her headache kicked in immediately. She groaned and held onto her head. Memories came flooding back from the previous night. Jennie's lips kissing another. Her own lips kissing another and god knows what else. All she remembered was coming to Nikki's house, beyond that everything was blank. She feared for the worst.
The raven haired girl got out of the otherwise empty bed. She looked at herself in Nikki's mirror and noticed she was also wearing foreign clothes. "Shit." With her hands buried in her hair, she searched for Nikki around the apartment. She finally found the girl in the kitchen making breakfast in nothing more than an oversized baggy shirt.

"Shit, shit." The red haired turned to face Lisa, who was leaning against the wall.

"Oh, look who is awake." She said. She was smiling at herself as if she knew something Lisa did not. She probably did know something Lisa did not. "Hungry?"

Lisa did nothing else but stare blankly at the girl. There was something different about her. She had taken her piercings out, which only happened rarely. But that was not quite it. There was something about her face that made her look so... innocent. Her hair was caught in a messy bun and she looked fairly tired, but composed. Nikki looked up at Lisa and caught the girl staring. Lisa didn't look away. She just kept looking at the girl with a blank expression. Her eyebrows were furrowed slightly and her features showed that she was unsettled, but no more than that.

"What happened yesterday?" It came out like more of a demand for the older girl to speak than a question.

"Good-morning to you too," Nikki rolled her eyes. Lisa never shifted her gaze, she looked unimpressed, unamused. "Fine." The older girl gave in. She shifted a plate of bacon and eggs towards Lisa on the kitchen counter. "Eat first and I will be right back."

Lisa looked at the food, then back at the brown eyed girl. She nodded and with that Nikki disappeared into her room. Lisa thought deeply as she ate. Did she really sleep with Nikki? And if she did, what would be the consequence? Even though Jennie betrayed Lisa, Lisa couldn't stand the idea of her betraying Jennie. And she hated it. She was picking at her food as she thought. Her major headache wasn't helping the situation and for the first time since the summer break started, Lisa wished it was over. So much has happened in such little time and thing just turned from good to bad to good over and over and Lisa couldn't handle it anymore.

"Don't play with your food, Manoban." Nikki laughed as she re-entered the kitchen. She was wearing her work uniform and her hair was wild once more. Her features still looked soft almost caring, even. Lisa averted her gaze from the dull-eyed girl to look around the apartment once more. Desperate to find something to remind her of the events of the previous nights.

"We didn't- uhm," the older girl started. "We didn't sleep together.." Lisa cocked her head to the side. A wave of confusion, relieve and curiosity washed over her.

"Then what happened?.." Nikki threw a bottle of water Lisa's way, knowing she would be in need of one. Lisa tried but didn't succeed in catching it. The older girl laughed loudly, "And you played softball? Yeah right.."

Lisa cracked a smile, for the first time. Picking up the bottle she said, "I'm hungover, it's not my fault."
When the laughter between the two died down, Nikki sat across Lisa.

"You kissed me at the club." She said. Lisa remembered that. "I kissed you back...but Lisa, you were wasted. Not only were you drunk, you were hurt. I asked you to come home with me because that was the only way I was sure you would be safe for the night. We got here and you passed out almost straight away." The older girl laughed at the memory. "I had to wake you for you to change and damn, that wasn't easy."