The Party

After everyone sings the Happy Birthday song for you, you borrow Alastor's knife and cut up the cake, giving everyone their own slice.

You would've let Al slice it himself, but decided against doing so, fearing he might end up murdering someone.

"It looks so good, Vaggie!" Charlie says as you hand her a slice of cake on a plate.

"Thanks, Charlie." the moth demon replies with a smile. "I hope you guys like it."

"I'm sure we will, it looks great!" you say, sitting back down at your seat once everyone has a slice.

"It's just cake, and it all pretty much tastes the same to me. I'm sure it's nothing special." Angel mumbles, before shoving a forkful in his mouth.

Vaggie groans at his rude comments, but otherwise says nothing in response.

After loudly chomping on his food for a moment, his chewing begins to slow down, and his eyes widen in surprise.

"...Holy shit, this is actually really good." he says with his mouth full of food.

Vaggie's annoyed frown turns into a smug smile when she hears his reluctant words, and the spider demon resumes eating his food with a happy expression on his face.

If even Angel was blown away by this cake, you have insanely high expectations for it.

You cut a piece off your own slice of cake and take a bite.

And...

It's easily the greatest thing you've ever eaten since you arrived in the Nine Circles, all those years ago. Super chocolatey, excellent texture; it's 'perfection' in cake form.

If you and Charlie ever decide to get married one day, you hope that Vaggie bakes the wedding cake. This damn thing is incredible.

"Wow..." you say in astonishment.

"Well, what do you think?" Vaggie asks you.

"Honestly?" you ask back.

"...Yes?" she says, clearly unsure of what you might say.

"This might be the greatest cake I've ever eaten in my life; easily in my afterlife down here!"

Vaggie gives you a warm smile and actually appears quite relieved. As if Gordon Ramsay himself was here at the hotel, judging her cooking.

Gives new meaning to the show "Hotel Hell".

"Oh, thank you so much!" she celebrates. "I'm so glad you guys like it."

"Okay, I have to try this thing right now." Charlie says, about to dig into the slice of cake on her plate.

"Hey wait, hon, I have an idea." you say, cutting off another piece of your own cake.

You move a forkful of cake toward Charlie's mouth, and she initially has a puzzled look on her face.

After a second, she picks up on what you want to do, and gives you a mischievous grin. "Oh, feeling a bit romantic today, are we?"

She slowly opens up her mouth, and you place the piece of cake inside. She closes her mouth as you move the fork away from her, and she begins softly chewing.

"Mmm..." she says, closing her eyes and savoring the cake's flavor.

After swallowing it, she reopens her eyes and beams a smile.

"That was delicious, Vaggie!" she exclaims. "I don't think I've had a cake that good in years. Not since I lived at the castle with Mom and Dad!"