"That was a little harsh kiddo."

I turned around and saw my uncle walking in the room, I uncovered my mouth and hugged myself starting to cry. He sighed through his nose and took a few more steps towards me, holding his arms out. "Come here."  I let go of myself and walked the small distance between us, I threw myself in his arms and he hugged me back, holding me in a very much needed right embrace. "I miss her too.." He said, resting his chin on my head. "But he's right, you can't give up hope. Your mom's smart kid.." he said rubbing my back a little more.

~Katherine's Pov~few days later~

I've been walking for what seems like forever. I was alone, I didn't know where I was. I tried looking for landmarks to make out where I was. I wandered off too far, nothing seems familiar anymore. I was exhausted, dehydrated, starving and disoriented. I tried looking for Connie and Magna but I had no luck. It tried finding my way back home too but I had a huge headache, I was just so tired. I haven't stopped moving, the only thing on my mind is getting back home to my husband, my friends, my brother and my daughter.

"Okay- break time. Just 5 minutes girl.." I said to myself and walked to the nearest tree. I closed my eyes and leaned against a tree realizing, "Oooo." I sighed putting my hand on my knee, My leg was killing me. I was using a tree branch as a crutch since my knee was still messed up. It was going to take some time to fully heal, and walking on it was not helping the healing process. This forest looked familiar, I had a good feeling I was on track to Alexandria. I slid down the tree and winced while holding my knee. I stayed sitting for a few minutes before starting to walk again.

I stopped in my tracks hearing a shout, I also heard a walker. It sounded close, I sighed through my nose debating in my head if I should go. I didn't have a gun, all I had were my knives, that was itI heard them struggling some more and I groaned, "I'm gonna regret this.." I said and started making my way over the quickest I could and noticed a bow on the floor. I felt my heart drop to my stomach hearing the struggles from a man. "No way." I dropped the branch and picked up the bow, aiming it at the walker.

I took the shot and the walker stopped fighting, "Daryl!?" I called out feeling my heart race. I took a few more steps, and saw Daryl's head pop out. "Oh-" I dropped to the floor in disbelief and started crying. "Kath-" He jumped out of the sunken area and ran to me, "Katherine-" He pulled me into him and I fell completely on my back. "Ah! Wait my knee- my knee!" I started laughing but wrapped my arms around him. He came down with me too and caught his breath against my shoulder, "Daryl." I cried burying my face in his shoulder. He started catching his breath heavily against me, Holding me as close to him as possible. "Oh my god." I cried against him. He put his hand on the back of my head struggling to breathe. "Kath-" He pulled away from me and sat me up. I laughed and cried looking at him.

"Are you real?!" I cried looking at him. He didn't say anything, all he did was look at me. His eyes kept bouncing from my body to my face. "Or is this a hallucination? I can't tell." I cried. He put his hands on my cheeks, "Katherine." His voice cracked. I put my hands on his cheeks too and laughed, pushing some hair out of the way, it was all over his eyes. "Daryl.." my voice cracked too and he shook his head looking at me. "Say something." I begged. A tear fell from his eyes as he continued to catch his breath, He pulled me into him one more time.

"Hey- hey." I cried pulling him away. He put his hands on my cheeks and furrowed his eyebrows confused as another tear fell. "Katherine?" He asked. I nodded, it felt like I couldn't stop crying, I couldn't breathe. I nodded again and leaned in to kiss him. He kissed me back and pulled away looking at me. I giggled as tears continued to fall from our eyes. I leaned in and pressed my forehead against his. He gasped and put his hands on my cheeks again, I did the same. "Can you say something? Please?" I pulled away and looked at him. He smiled and another tear fell from his eyes. ".. You look like shit." He said.