11

Angel is one of those people that looks like she could kill you but she's actually a soft cinnamon roll 🥺💓

>>Word count; 1073<<

~Katherine's Pov~

Daryl got in bed and sighed looking at me. "How is she?" I asked. Last night we went to that meeting with Alpha, she set some new borders for us. Carol tried killing her, we were lucky land was the only thing she took from us. By the looks of things, Carol's been seeing things because of some pills she's been taking, She cut her arm pretty bad because she "saw some whisperers". "She's alright." He said nodding a bit, he looked down at his hands and started fiddling with his fingers.

"She didn't come out of her room though, brought some dinner up to her. Didn't even open the door.." He said. I sat up a bit more, "Did you see if she had any more pills?" I asked. "She doesn't." He said. I nodded a bit. "Good.." I said shaking my head. I wonder what those pills were or how strong they were considering they made her hallucinate the way she did. Not sleeping wasn't helping her either.

"You goin' to Hilltop tomorrow.?" He asked. I shook my head, "No, Are you?" I asked. "Nah, watchin' over Lydia. People are still throwin' shit at her." He said. I sighed a bit and rested my head on the pillow again. "Jesus," I said softly. "Yeah.. What about the girls? They goin'?" He asked. "No they're staying. Luna's helping Angel move in her new place." I said looking at him. "Right.. Watch her move out." He said. I gasped and smacked his arm.

"Shut up! She's my baby. She's staying under my roof until she's 40." She said. He scoffed and I laughed a bit at him. "She's gonna move out at some point, You gotta let her." He said smiling at me. I kept looking at him. "I know. But until then, I don't wanna think about it." I said laying on my stomach. I hugged my pillow and closed my eyes, sighing a bit through my nose. "Fine.." He said looking down at me, he lifted my shirt up and rubbed my back a bit, tracing light shapes on my skin. It kinda tickled but it started making me sleepy.

"You're good with Lydia right..?" He asked. I nodded a bit. "Mhm," I said softly. He rested his head against the headboard still looking at me. "I don't think she likes me tho.." I giggled sleepily. "It's my mission to make her like me." I said opening my eyes and looking at him. I saw he had this soft smile on his face, "Yeah me too." He said. "She tolerates you, that's already a win." I said closing my eyes again, "She talks to you, that's a win too. She doesn't talk to many people." He said. I opened my eyes but didn't look up at him.

"I don't get how people can hurt their kids like that.. Or- treat them like that.." I said. He shrugged, slowing his actions down the slightest. "Some people just ain't meant to be parents." He said. I looked up at him slightly, "That day you told me Luna might've been alive, at Hilltop." He said and just rested his hand on my back, not moving it anymore. "I wasn't lyin' when I said I'd be there for both of ya. But i was scared i was gonna do a shit job at it." He said. I sat up slightly and his hand went down to my side. "You're an amazing father." I said smiling softly at him.

"Hm.." he said looking down slightly, nibbling on the inside of his cheeks. I smiled a bit more. "You are," I said. He looked at me, "You're good with babies, you're good with kids and teens. You doubt yourself too much though, you gotta stop doing that." I said. "Yeah.." He mumbled. "Mhm." I said and leaned in, I pecked his lips and pulled away, laying back down, "Go to sleep.." I said softly. "I'm not that tired, You sleep." He said and put his hand on my back, once again just rubbing it and making me sleepy.

~The next day~

Some people attacked Lydia, we were all here. People were blaming it on Negan since one of the people who attacked her was dead. She hit her head pretty hard, there was blood on the wall where her head was resting. "We should've never let him out." "You freak" "This was your fault!" "It was Negan!" "Negan killed her!" People shouted at Lydia on the floor and at Negan, accusing them both. Daryl and I were on the floor with Lydia. She was crying, shaking and bleeding. They got her pretty good. "No! He didn't do anything wrong." Lydia cried, defending him. Daryl had his hands on her, trying to calm her down. "No it wasn't! He didn't do anything!" She said, crying out at the accusations being thrown at him.

"Man- get him outta here!" Daryl yelled at the people who were just watching. "No please! No- he didn't do anything wrong!" Lydia said and started freaking out, We didn't want her to move since they hit her head. She was bleeding from a cut on her forehead. "Lydia- Lydia." I said putting a hand on her cheek. "Move!" Daryl yelled. She cried looking at me and Daryl. "He didn't do anything wrong! Please!" She cried. "I know- i know.! I know. I know." Daryl repeated looking down at her with his hands on her arms. "I know." He repeated, each time he said it got softer. Just trying to calm her down.

People took Negan back to his cell. "He didn't do anything wrong." She repeated. I stood up and looked at everyone. "Alright, get out of here." I said looking at everyone. "No- please! Please no." Lydia continued crying out. "If you're not helping. Move." I said looking at everyone. Some people started walking away but other guys stayed just looking at Lydia. "Move it assholes! Jesus." I said looking at them. "Get the hell out of here." I said, they turned around and walked away. I looked over to see Siddiq gone, I looked around for him. "Where'd Siddiq go.?" I asked. "Get Dante." Daryl said looking around too. "Tell him we're comin' i just gotta-" He said looking down at Lydia as she cried then back at me. I nodded, "Yeah." I said, He nodded and looked back down to her.

A/N: Daryl being a dad to Lydia is everything 🥺❤