"And Rose doesn't count because she pretends not to know you all the time," James says and I can imagine Dax rolling his eyes.

        "Who's Rose?" I whisper, turning to them and cutting off Alexa.

        "The princess," Alexa whispers. Recognition lights James face and I quickly turn away.

        "How can you not know who the princess is?"  Alexa laughs.

        "She didn't know the princes name, either," James says from behind me.

        "When did this happen?" Alexa asks smiling. I sigh.

        "Okay, I may or may not have been wondering the halls last night in sweats, when a guard tried to make me leave," I smile weakly.

        "So what does this have to do with the prince?" Alexa asks.

        "He stopped the guard and I had no idea who he was," I say and Alexa and James burst out laughing.

        "Why were you wondering around in sweats?" Alexa gasps.

        "I just want to see your reaction to when the guard tried to take you away," James laughs.

        "It was actually pretty funny," Dax says and I glare at all of them. They all shut up stifling their laughs. After a minute, I start laughing at them and then we're all laughing again.

        "Okay," Daxton says once we're all calmed down, "you tell no one else about this."        

        "I wouldn't dream of it, Your Majesty," I say, intentionally using his title.

        "Wonderful, dear," he says and I roll my eyes.

        The king stands up from where he's sitting and everyone's attention turns to him.

        "Ladies, it's wonderful to have you here. In just a minute, my son, Prince Daxton, will meet with all of you," the king says and excited whispers erupt from all the girls but me and Alexa.

        "You will meet in the room across the hall. Charlotte will call each of you into the room," the king says and him, the queen, Rose, and Dax leave the room.

        "What about you? What level of the monarchy are you?" I ask James as the first girl is escorted the room.

        "Daxton says that he'll make me the Duke once he's king," James says.

        "So you have no title whatsoever?" Alexa asks.

        "Not as of right now, no," he says.

        "Are you married?" I wonder.

        "Nope," he responds.

        "Then why aren't you having a selection?" Alexa asks.

        "The king, he's no exactly fond of me. He had to take me in when I was little, before Daxton was even born," he explains.

        "How old were you?"

        "Five...I think," he says and we laugh.

        "I don't think we've been introduced," James says to Alexa.

        "Alexa Scarlet," she says and nods.

        "James Peters," he says and she nods.

        We sit and talk until Alexa, James, and I are the last ones sitting in the Eating Room.

        "Alexa Scarlet," Charlotte calls and Alexa gets up.

        "Wish me luck," she says.

        "You already know him," James says.

        "Yes but not formally," Alexa sighs and leaves the room.

        "Are you enjoying the selection?" James asks and I laugh.

        "My maids have seen every part of me. And when I say every part, I mean every part! It's an invasion of privacy," I exclaim.

        "Do you want new maids?" James asks.

        "No, they seem alright but I'm just used to doing everything for myself," I say. Before James can reply, Charlotte comes in and calls my name.

        "Wish me luck," I say sarcastically.

        "He'll love you," James laughs and I roll my eyes.

        Charlotte escorts me out of the Eating Room and into the room across the hall. This one is small, like a parlor. Daxton sits on the couch, as straight as a board.

        "Curtsey," Charlotte hisses. I turn around and look at her.

        "What?" I ask confused.

        "Curtsey!"

        "O-okay," I say and curtsey.

        "Good," she says and leaves. The second the door is closed Dax starts laughing.

        "What?" I ask.

        "You...are something else," he says and I punch him in the arm.

        "What was that for?" he asks, still laughing.        

        "Girls do not like to be laughed at," I say sternly, which makes him laugh more.        

        "Daxton, I swear, if you do not stop laughing I am going to kill you," I say. He immediately stops laughing.

        "Are you serious?" he says.

        "See, there's this thing called sarcasm," I say and he shakes his head.

        "Camry, I was being serious this morning," he says randomly.

        "About what?" I wonder, totally confused.

        "Not telling anyone else about last night," he says and it's my turn to laugh.

        "What? Camry, stop laughing," he commands me.

        "Do you really think I'd go around the palace boasting that the prince saved me from being dragged out the castle?" I laugh.

        "I guess not," he says slowly. The door opens.

        "Miss Camry, your time is up," Charlotte says.

        "But there aren't anymore girls," I say.

        "There is someone who wishes to speak with the prince," she says.

        "And who might that be?" Dax asks.

        "Me!" James peeks his head over Charlottes shoulder. She just shakes her head.

        "He insisted, Your Majesty. Do you want me to send him to his room?" she asks hopeful.

        "No, it's fine. Let him in," Dax says and James comes in.

        "Miss Camry, your time is up," she says.

        "She can stay," James says and Daxton nods. Charlotte regretfully closes the door and James plops down on the couch.

        "Do you want to do something fun?" he asks.