Bestfriend

Standing in a place where everybody expects you to be perfect. The ideal type. The person who would never make any mistakes. Little did they know that Taehyung was tired. Tired of being "Mr. Perfect". He wanted to live like a person too. A person who makes mistakes, a person who makes promises and a person who falls in love.

          He knew he was inlove. Inlove with his bestfriend, Jisoo. 

          Cliché story right? Guy and girl grows up together; one goes into the spotlight while one goes into college. Guy realizes he likes girl but unfortunately girl moves away. 

           Taehyung hated love stories. He found it cliché and not true to life. Some part of his hate did also come from the fact every time he would hear love stories, it would remind him of Jisoo.

           He was sitting down in his dressing room waiting for his turn to hit the stage. He was performing at a university festival this time. Although a bit in denial, he had this little hope that Jisoo would be there watching him. After all, it was because of Jisoo that he discovered he had a talent in singing and song writing.  

           His set had 3 songs carefully picked by Taehyung. It included his debut song, his first chart-topping song and his latest release. All three were about her. She was his muse in all his songs. There were times when other female idols would flirt or give Taehyung their number but he would decline and tell them that his heart already belonged to someone else. 

         Taehyung had finally made up his mind. If he sees Jisoo again, he would never let her go this time. He would confess to her. If she won't accept his feelings, he would still not let her go. He'll stay by her side as a friend, just like how it has always been... before he left to pursue his career. 

        "Taehyung, you're up next." the stage manager called Taehyung from outside his room. Taehyung stopped scrolling on his phone and stood up. He was feeling nervous; especially that this was Jisoo's school. 

       As he stepped on stage, the crowd cheered for him. He scanned the audience trying to find a specific person. Seeing no sign of her, he continued on with his set. 

     Before starting his third song, he spoke a few words.

    "uhm, I wrote this song not too long ago. I was in my studio with my manager and we were having delivery take out which was  something me and my childhood bestfriend would always do. I actually haven't seen her in 2 years, so yeah you could say I miss her very much."

   The crowd started teasing him with their "WoOoH" and some were even whistling. Taehyung felt flustered but somehow he couldn't stop smiling. He took this as an opportunity. 

  "To make the long story short, I am in love my childhood bestfriend. I always will be. I'm sorry for leaving her to pursue my career but if she ever hears this song, I hope she knows that it's about her. "

  The crowd cheered for him after that and the band started playing his last song. 

   "I should've stayed at home...'Cause right now I see all these people that love me...But I still feel alone" Taehyung started singing and the fans raised their phones with the flashlights on. It was a pretty view with everyone singing along and swaying. 

"And that's because I wanna be your favorite boy...I wanna be the one that makes your day...The one you think about as you lie awake...I can't wait to be your number one...I'll be your biggest fan and you'll be mine...But I still wanna break your heart and make you cry" 

   Taehyung sang those words straight from his heart. He remembered how he told Jisoo he was moving and Jisoo supported him and even called him, her favorite boy. 

 "You're still my favorite girl...You better trust me when I tell you...There ain't no one else more beautiful in this damn world

...In this damn world." He remembered the times that they would joke around that they didn't fit each others ideal type. They would say things like "'He's not even one bit handsome." or "She's not my type." but looking back at it now; they never actually meant those things. It was just them denying what they truly meant to each other. Plus it was their love language as well; joking around and teasing each other. 

    "You're gonna wanna be my best friend, baby...You're gonna wanna be my best friend" 

    The time Taehyung found out he had started liking Jisoo was in 3rd year highschool. Jisoo had developed a crush on the newbie that came in class. He couldn't help but feel jealous? Next thing he knew, the newbie actually had also developed a crush on Jisoo. Knowing that Taehyung was close to Jisoo, the newbie asked Taehyung for tips on how to court her. 

       One thing that  I can assure you, things did not end well. 

       "I still wanna be your favorite boy...I wanna be the one....I might just be the one". Taehyung ended his song there. He sang it straight from his heart hoping that when Jisoo sees his performance, she would feel his emotions for her. 

      He looked at the crowd that cheered for him and thanked them for enjoying his set. He was about to leave the stage when a phone, whose flashlight was on, caught his attention. 

     "YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!" 

     Taehyung looked toward the person who owned the voice and saw no other than the person he wanted to see the most. Kim Jisoo. She was wearing a black spaghetti strap crop top with a white denim skirt that reached her upper thighs. She partnered it with a light blue denim jacket. 

    Taehyung immediately went down from stage and started walking towards her. He was nervous but at the same happy to see her. This was what he was waiting for two years. To see her in front of him with a smile from her heart shaped lips. 

   "Hey... It's been a while?" Taehyung said when suddenly Jisoo pulled him for a tight hug. She placed her hands around his waist and whispered "I missed you so much, my favorite boy."

   Taehyung didn't even have to confess when Jisoo pulled him in for a deep kiss. 

   "Yes, you are and will always be my bestfriend and my favorite boy."

April 8, 2021

10 : 19 pm

no proof read :<