the rainbow after the rain

2 months after

2 months after

They say that flowers only grow when given the right care and the warmth of the sunlight. Yuta was like that—a man who had changed under the right love and guidance. From someone who was often moody and always snapping at people, Yuta hardly did that anymore.

The same way he had changed, we were both inseparable. Yuta was more than just a step brother to one, more than just a friend to many and more than a lover to me. He was his own self and he had a certain wisdom to him that I learned of with the time I have spent with him. I found myself alternating between my own room and Yuta's private room, dressed in his silk pajamas more often than I had liked.

Today, I had turned around to feel his breath against my shoulder, Yuta mumbling something as I stirred in my sleep. There was a faraway pounding sound and I wondered what that was, Yuta kissing my shoulder repeatedly like he did every morning when I realized that the pounding wasn't very far away.

It was right in front of his door.

"Yuta," I murmured, Yuta groaning when he realized that something needed his attention. He refused to move, pulling me closer for his legs to tighten around mine and both of us ended up in a double fetus position when we heard the voice of his stepbrother demanding for us to open the door.

"Yuta!" Jaehyun was yelling. "She's here! Did you do this?"

Jaehyun sounding stressed seemed to have amused Yuta, my boyfriend smirking against my skin and I turned around to frown at him. He looked so beautiful in the morning and I traced his nose with my finger, asking him what he did.

"What did you do?" I asked, Yuta shrugging, kissing my hand softly.

"We got our happy ending," he told me, Jaehyun giving the door a kick but his efforts were futile. "And I was thinking that maybe Jaehyun should get his own happy ending, too."

"Oh, Yuta." I had heard of New York on more than a couple of occasions. I also knew that Jaehyun and New York weren't in the best of terms. "You didn't—"

"I did." He nodded, stretching and sitting up. "I had to find a way to bring her here."

"And how did you do that?"

"I hurt Jisung," he said simply, standing up to finally face Jaehyun. He opened the door and I saw a fuming Jaehyun with his arms crossed. He was glowering at his stepbrother, Yuta pushing past him to head to the common room.

I followed them, pulling my hair back into a bun and just as Jaehyun was about to yell at Yuta, most likely to demand an explanation, the door of the Corsiva common room opened and a female yelled out his name.

Just like that, Jaehyun had dropped onto the ground and rolled to the side.

"Nakamoto Yuta! What did you do to my brother?" a woman said. She was wearing a dark blue blazer and looked like she just arrived from her trip. Her long black hair was let loose and she had a purse to her lips, her eyes narrowing at my boyfriend.