fashion disaster

Integritas Common Room

"Tutu."

I was in the Integrita Common Room, Jaehyun nodded at the photo in the catalog. Johnny was beside him, his arms crossed over his shoulder and with one of his eyes bigger than another.

"Jaehyun, no." I shook my head. I refused to wear a tutu. A red tutu at that, it's frill material enough for me to look like I was a 6-year-old ballerina.

"Tutu," Jaehyun repeated and I drew in a sharp breath. "Johnny, what do you think?"

"Welcome to Johnny's Fashion Evaluation." Johnny made a dramatic gesture to his clothes. "I love you, brother, but that tutu's got to go."

"Aw, man. How about the suspenders?"

"You want me to wear suspenders instead of a dress?"

"Well, we can be dumb and dumber. You are dumber." Jaehyun shrugged and I glowered at my friend. "Okay, I was just kidding. Dark red then?"

"Not dark red. That's my color," Dana snapped from the ground, catalogs splayed out in front of her.

"Well, you can wear yellow and we can be twinsies!" Bunny yelled from the door and I saw Jeno pushing her in.

"She demanded to be here. Said she felt left out," Jeno said, parking the wheelchair.

I shook my head to yellow and Bunny made a face.

"Your loss, Aera. I'm gonna be a bubble of sunshine!"

"I'm going to look at the other colors--"

"You are not wearing blue!" Jaehyun quipped, shaking his head. "If you wear blue and I wear red, we'll be the...the..."

"The flag of Amerika," Johnny butted in for his best friend. "But yes, red and blue? That's a fashion disaster."

"Diabolical," Dana agreed, Johnny looking proud. "Johnny taught me that word."

"Look at you all, so stressed about colors. This is why I don't go to balls."

"There's a first for everything!" Bunny exclaimed, wrapping a hand around his arm to rub her face against his skin. "Oh, Jeno. We're going to have so much fun!"

Jeno tensed up, looking down at Bunny in confusion as Bunny continued to talk over and over again about what they could do. Surely, Jeno knew of her plans of going with him?

"I'm not going to the ball." Jeno shook his head, Bunny gasping. "Don't you go with Haechan every year?"

"Jeno!" She squeaked. "Haechan has a date with Sunshine! He found out about her by asking Bubu."

"I'm not going."

"Then who am I going with?" She asked, her eyes turning downwards. "What are you going to do if you don't come to the ball?"