Chapter 7 : It's been a year...

(A/N) 

I know I haven't updated in quite a while, cause ive been working on a little something for u guys (not this chapter btw) So I wanted to make this part quite special.

Thank you for all the reads and votes! I love you all soooooo much!!!! *cries in joy* 

Your music loving friend, Nova

                 ****************************************

I press a button on the camera and a red light starts blinking. That doesnt seem like a good sign. 

"VIVI!" I scream. "VIVIENNE! AS YOUR HIGH KING, I COMMAND YOU TO HELP MY WITH THIS MORTAL MACHINE!" I hear a snort from beside me and turn around to see Jude's sister, Vivi smirking at me, "What is it Cardan?"

I shove the camera in her arms and look down at her with my most intimidating glare, "Switch on the camera." Vivi looks at the camera and then rolls her eyes, "Its already on." 

Oh... I snarl at Vivi and snatch the camera back from her, placing in on the table. She just waves her fingers at me and struts away with a smug grin. 

I look at the camera and give it a huge grin, "Hello to everyone in there, My name is Cardan Greenbriar, the High King of Elfhame and today I have something special planned for my darling wife, Jude."

"Last year, on this very day, Jude decided to marry me. Intertwining our lives forever." I smile fondly at the memory, "And as I have heard, mortals celebrate this special occasion and call it an aniversary."

"So I have planned a special suprise party for Jude, to celebrate our one year aniversary". I turn the camera and display the room that Taryn decorated for this occasion. The room was full of balloons and streamers. And there was a gigantic cake in the middle, with tiny figures on top that looked vaguely like Jude and me. 

"And I have a special gift for Jude too.." I pull out the microphone from where Vivi placed it, and strike a pose, "I'm going to sing for her!" 

I head the door swing open and Heather and Vivi suddenly rush in, causing me to drop my microphone. "She's coming!" Heather whispers, "Hide!" Vivi and Heather hide behined the drapes, and I scramble behind the table.

Taryn comes in, looks around to check if everything is proper, switches of the lights and crouches next to me. Like we timed it, Oak pulls Jude into the dark room and I wince as I hear her bump into  something and then say, "I can't see anything!"

Oak stops in the middle of the room, rushes to the wall and flicks on the light. I see Jude squint as light floods the room and watch her eyes widen as she takes in everything. She looks gorgeous in a golden dress that gives her skin a certian glow and her hair pressed into perfect brown curls. 

Vivi signals to us from behind the drapes and we all leap out and shout, "SUPRISE!" Jude jumps back in shock and trips on her heels, falling back.

I rush forward and catch her at the last second, wrapping my arms around her waist and lifting her up as I look into her beautiful deep brown eyes. I smile warmly at her and bring my lips close to her ear. "Happy aniversary, my queen" 

                               ********************************

I was suprised. 

No, suprised is an understatement. I never in a faerie lifetime expected Cardan,  of all people to have planned this. I never thought he cared. I didnt even expect him to remmber. 

Turns out I was wrong.

The room was completely covered in brightly coloured balloons and streamers (no doubt Taryns idea) and Oak was running around handing everyone party hats and noisemakers. Taryn, Vivi and Heather were playing pin the tail on the pony, making the game harder as the pony was magicked to move around. 

And Cardan was next to me, hand never leaving my waist, while he admired the little Jude and Cardan cake toppers. "Are you enjoying the party?" he asks me. I turn around in his arms as press my lips against his, "I love it." 

I see him blush and smirk, he rarely blushes. "Jude..." he starts, placing a hand on my face, his thumb brushing my jaw, "Its been a year since we got married. And I cant say its been a perfect relationship." 

I laugh and see him smile at me, a smile full of love, warmth. So unlike the Cardan I grew up with. "You know that faeries love diffrently that humans..." I nod, "When they love, they love with their whole heart." 

I grin as he pulls away, grabbing a microphone from the nearby table, "So I thought, I'll give you a gift..." The lights dim and all the chatter fades away as music starts playing in the background. "This is for you, Jude"

Some days, you're the only thing I know
Only thing that's burning when the nights grow cold
Can't look away, can't look away

Beg you to stay, beg you to stay, yeah

Woah. I didnt know Cardan could sing so well. He smirks at me as I stare open mouthed at him.

Sometimes, you're a stranger in my bed
Don't know if you love me or you want me dead
Push me away, push me away
Then beg me to stay, beg me to stay, yeah

This song does sound perfect. Half the time I feel like I want to kill him

Call me in the morning to apologize
Every little lie gives me butterflies

I grin at him.

Something in the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Wow, this does sound like me. I feel my face heat up.

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Some days, you're the best thing in my life
Sometimes when I look at you, I see my wife

He winks at me and I hear all the girls laugh quietly.

Then you turn into somebody I don't know
And you push me away, push me away, yeah

Call me in the morning to apologize
Every little lie gives me butterflies
Something in the way you're looking through my eyes
Don't know if I'm gonna make it out alive

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Cardan comes on his knees in front of me, grabbing a rose from the air and giving it to me. I take it from him with a small smile.

Blood on my shirt, rose in my hand
You're looking at me like you don't know who I am
Blood on my shirt, heart in my hand
Still beating

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet

Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Fight so dirty, but your love's so sweet
Talk so pretty, but your heart got teeth
Late night devil, put your hands on me
And never, never, never ever let go

Teeth
Teeth
Teeth

Never, never, never ever let go

He stand up as the music fades away and grabs my hand, twining our fingers together. "Jude Duarte... I love you with all my heart" I grin at him and rush into his arms, embracing him tightly. "I love you too." I whisper against his neck. I hear a chorus of aww's from behind me, and feel Cardan smile. 

"Now who's ready for some cake!" Vivi shouts, making all of us laugh. 

                     **************************************** 

(A/N) 

I think I cried while writing this. Hehe. Comment down what songs you think SCREAM Jude and Cardan...

I have a special suprise for all of you, so stay tuned! ;)