Day Forty-seven Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Our last mission took place on planet K-V Exus. The Blades divided into three four-person teams and we escorted approximately 12 rescue crafts to the surface." Kolivan continued, in the same monotone voice he was speaking in before.

All of us kinda tuned out everything he was saying after that. We got enough of those boring speeches whenever he came to visit to Celesital Day.

"Then the Atlas started firing eith everything it had!" A voice said from the video bringing us back to attention. We looked up at the screen and saw a familiar orange mustache.

"That can't be him.... right?" Hiro asked.

I nodded, "Nope, that's definitely Uncle Coran." I said.

The man on the screen, was an uncle to all of us. We actually started calling him that a while back when we were younger. He's like the fun space Uncle you could easily get on trouble with on all his shenanigans.

We all laughed as Coran mimicked gunfire and explosions as he tried to describe a previous mission.

"And don't forget the White Hole is swirling right next to us the entire time!" He continued, "Oh, no! It's about to close! Meanwhile, not one, but two, yes, two, Robeasts are attacking! Shiro's shouting our orders. "Coran, get closer! Iverson, open fire!" Beams of Quintessence energy are converging from all over the galaxy! You know, you could just imagine it."

"Wow, it's amazing how he just went from excitable to extremely calm." I said.

I wonder if Grandma really felt all that energy swirling about during that fight?" Yorak wondered aloud.

"I bet she did. After all, she is the Galactic Angel, ya know." Allie said, mentioning my Grandmother's all known title. She had gotten it when the war was over. Though, she didn't celebrate at first.

The camera went dark and stopped for a moment before light came back. Rizavi removed her hand from the camera lens and revealing a large room filled with computers and machines.

Standing behind her was a familiar face. Allie's great Grandfather, Commander Samuel Holt of the Galaxy Garrison.

"Welcome to the engine room." The commander said, "What you see here is just a tiny part of what keeps the ship functioning."

The screen chirped then the camera pointed towards one of the large screens that showed the information about the engine readings and overall Atlas functions.

The screen changed and we saw a green alien sitting with Commander Holt as he looked at the camera.

"Slav, you've created some incredible technology." Rizavi said, "What do you think of the Altas?"

"I can respect any engineering that extrapolate for transmutation, but I wish the writing was in Altean." Ths alien, Slav, said.

"He's mentioned that a few times." Commander Holt said.

"So, what are you working on now?" Rizavi asked.

"Right now we're about to adjust the gravity generator, which was fractionally increased during our last battle." Slav explained.

"Yes, actually, our gravity generator is a fluid system, ever-changing depending on the specific needs of the location so it requires recalibrating from time to time." Commander Holt said before returning to his work, "Okay, adjust gravity generator back down to .12."

"Copy. Adjusting now."

All of a sudden, the camera spun out of control like the members in the room.