1 9 | e x p l a i n

Start from the beginning

"And then later that night you left to go tell Carrie that you had found us," Reggie remembered.

"Yeah, and Reggie was really sad and pathetic until you came back," Alex teased. Reggie scoffed but didn't deny it, which made Mickey smile. He had nothing to be embarrassed about now.

"Right. And then I didn't see her again until the spirit rally," Carrie said, sighing. "I was mad and jealous, so I told Mickey to leave me alone and to not tell Julie about how I could see her."

"So, wait, you've known this entire time that the guys aren't holograms?" Julie asked, leaning back in shock. Carrie nodded slowly, biting her lip. "Why didn't you say anything? Or, like, tell people?"

Carrie chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Probably the same reason you said they were holograms. I can't exactly run around school claiming that I can see ghosts — well, a ghost. Mickey was the only one I could see when you all weren't performing."

"Yeah. She didn't get the pleasure of seeing you do that cute little butt dance at the rally," Mickey said, smirking at Reggie.

"I can do it again," he offered, grinning.

Alex quickly shook his head and sighed. "Please don't."

Mickey chuckled and kissed Reggie's cheek before continuing. "Anyways, I went to Carrie's house later to check on her. Once I explained everything, she wasn't mad at me anymore. But we still agreed to keep her a secret from all of you. Then we spent like twenty minutes just looking at pictures of Paul Rudd."

"Really? You still have a thing for him?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow. "Isn't he, like, old now?"

"Oh my god, Alex. He literally looks the same," Mickey told him, grinning. "I'd still marry him on the spot."

Reggie cleared his throat and pulled Mickey into his chest. "I'm right here."

Mickey playfully smirked up at him. "And?"

"Can we focus up, please?" Julie asked, crossing her arms. "I mean, what all did you tell her? Does she know about... you know?"

Carried sighed and looked down at her lap. Then she gave each of the guys an apologetic look. "I am so sorry for what my dad did. I can't believe that he would steal your music and claim it as his own. He had no right, and at the very least, he should've given you all credit — if not for you, then for your families."

Luke studied her for a moment, and they all looked to him. He was the one that was most hurt by Trevor stealing the songs, after all. He looked conflicted. No, he didn't want to forgive Trevor, but at the same time, it wasn't Carrie's fault. He shouldn't hold that against her. But on the other hand, she and Julie were enemies, and he felt like he needed to stand by Julie's side. Eventually, he sighed and nodded.

"You have nothing to apologize for, Carrie. You're not the one that stole our legacy," he said, frowning. Then he glanced at Mickey. "And you told her about who he is to you?"

"Yeah. I went to her place that night that we performed Finally Free at that club and told her about Bobby."

"Ah, also known as the night that you almost had sex with Reggie right on top of my piano," Luke said snarkily.

"They did what on my mom's piano?" Julie asked with wide eyes.

"We were not gonna... that's not — we were just kissing," Reggie stuttered out, his cheeks heating up. "Shut up, Luke! That's not relevant to the story."

Alex and Luke snickered while Reggie hid his face in Mickey's neck, feeling embarrassed. Mickey ran her hands through his hair comfortingly, though she had a pleased smirk on her face.