1 3 | i l o v e y o u

"oh my fucking god! my eyes"

Mickey felt truly sick at her stomach as she stood outside Carrie's room

Mickey felt truly sick at her stomach as she stood outside Carrie's room. She was thankful that the house was so large, meaning the chances of her running into her brother were slim. She really couldn't handle that yet. After taking a deep breath, she stuck her arm through the door and knocked.

"Come in," Carrie said, giggling a little. She greeted Mickey with a smile when she walked through the door. "Hey. You'll never hear me admit it to others, but I did sort of like your song tonight."

"Thanks," Mickey said, chuckling. "I totally loved you guys. It was so fun to watch, and I wasn't the only one to love it. Alex totally got up on stage to dance with you guys. I wish you could've seen it."

"Well, I live to entertain," she said, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Mickey's smile slowly slipped and she hesitantly sat on the end of Carrie's bed. "Um, so, I really need you to be open-minded about what I'm about to tell you. And I swear that I'm telling the truth."

"Okay?" Carrie tilted her head and studied Mickey, not sure why she was so nervous all of the sudden. "What is it?"

"I - I think I figured out why you can see me, but not the guys," she said slowly. "But it's a complicated story."

"Well, I'm a straight-A student, so I think I can keep up," Carrie said, smiling. She still didn't know why Mickey was being so serious.

"Just... let me get it all out," Mickey requested. "You're gonna want to interrupt a lot, but you have to hear all of it."

Carrie nodded slowly. "Okay."

"Um. I - well, we actually knew your father. B - back when we were alive," she said, looking down at her hands. Carrie opened her mouth to comment but stayed silent. "Your dad, he was actually in Sunset Curve before we all died. He was the rhythm guitarist. We didn't know about him until Julie played one of his songs for us, and we recognized it... because Luke was the one to write it. In fact, he wrote all the songs on Trevor's first album."

Mickey glanced at Carrie, who had narrowed her eyes at her. "Are you accusing my dad of lying and stealing someone else's music? That goes against his integrity as an artist! I can't believe you would even—"

"He has a song called My Name Is Luke," Mickey interrupted, sighing. "Last I checked, that wasn't his name."

"But—"

"And Julie told us that none of his other albums ever had the same sound or did as good as the first one. That's because he didn't write the first one," Mickey insisted. "B - but that's not even really the thing I came to tell you about. I don't care about the songs."

"I'm not gonna sit here and listen to this," Carrie snapped. "You're obviously lying, and you can't even keep your stories straight. I mean, you said he was the rhythm guitarist. But after the spirit rally, you told me that your twin brother Bobby was the rhythm guitarist before you took his spot. So, maybe come up with a better backstory next time."