Chapter 04

Hirate sat down on her own table, she can't sleep because of the accidents that their section has suffered. She wants to know who's behind these sprees but all she has is the figure 3ii3, Hirate felt useless and hopeless that she don't have any idea who the culprit is.

Suddenly, her phone rings. Hirate furrow her brows as she's confused who would call her in this hour, she took her smartphone as she mirror a confused look when she saw from the lockscreen that it was Neru who's calling her.

"Neru? Why did you call?" Hirate said as soon as she answered the phone while Neru giggle from the other side of the device.

"I can't call you now?" Neru asked jokingly causing Hirate to be flustered.

"I- I didn't mean it that w-way!" Hirate reason out but all she hear is Neru chuckling from the other side.

"I know. Chill out, Techi." She said. There's a moment of silence, either one of them don't know what to say but after a few minutes Neru decided to break the ice after contemplating whether to trust Hirate or not.

Neru too, doubted Hirate. After all, you can't really trust anyone in this kind of situation. After observing Hirate, Neru decided that she's innocent. There are times that Techi mirror a look of frustration when she's thinking too much or couldn't figure out something, Neru knows that Hirate is searching for a possible hint on who's behind all of this.

"Uh- Techi, I'm calling because I noticed something." Neru said, Hirate sat up to focus more on what Neru's going to say. Hirate felt glad that unlike her, Neru trusted her. Hearing Neru sharing something that she noticed, it means that she's kind of not the person behind this.

"Y-you're not suspicious of me?" Hirate decided to asked, Neru on the other hand giggled.

"At first I did but after seeing you trying so hard to think of a hint that there is, I know you're not it. I mean, you're really bad at lying Techi." Neru said as Hirate just chuckle in response, Hirate really is bad at lying. Everytime she lies, her eyes always looks around, she'll stutter and sometimes her ears turns read, she can't literally stay still.

On the other hand, Neru is unreadable. You really can't tell it she's lying or not but she's honest and doesn't do something evil, she don't seek complexity.

"So, what did you noticed?" Hirate decided to asked. Neru sighed as she look up at her room's ceiling.

"I noticed that the two victims are the smart ones, there's a higher chance that the person behind this is lying about drawing in a box." Neru said and that got Hirate thinking, she felt stupid to think that the culprit is a fair person.

Of course they are at the disadvantage, the culprit is observing, listening and watching them in the shadows, they don't have any hints that could lead them on a first step.

"That person is preventing us for a possible hints from the smart ones that could expose her or him's identity, with all that person's trashtalk that person is actually scared and is on high alert. We need to plan something, Techi." Neru seriously said, with Neru's opinion about this situation. The haze on Hirate's mind that is clouded with panic and anxiety, fades.

"What if you're next? You're the top 1 in our class, Neru." Hirate worriedly said, sensing that Hirate is worried about her, Neru smiled.

"That person won't. After all that person is challenging us, she won't let us getting wiped out just like that. Our class needs a brain to function, and for him/her all we need is one brain and that person decided that it'll be me who will remain." Neru reason out, maybe that person is really challenging them.

Listening to Neru's opinion, it enlightened Hirate. It makes her think more and now she realized that maybe the reason that person left Neru behind is to balance Hirate as well, Neru is firm about her standing, she knows how to strategize a plan while Hirate is perceptive and observant.

"But we're still not sure about this, if that person targets another classmate then our theory is true. Aside from this theory, we don't have anything else yet." Neru said as she took a deep sigh.

"Aside from that, we need to figure out how that person does it and who's the next one. I don't want to wait for another victim for a hint." Hirate said as she sighed sadly, Neru smile even though the other person can't see it.

"Me too, we need to figure out who's next." Neru seriously said, Hirate felt Neru's seriousness and her will to figure out who's behind this and she too, felt the sudden fire inside her lightens.

"Let's rest then, we need to have a good rest to be able to think. Good night, Neru." Hirate said as her eyelids grew heavy, she didn't realize that having this talk would drain her energy that much.

"Good night, Techi." Neru replied as she hang up the call.

"Who's really behind all of this?"

***

"I wonder who's next? Let's see." The person wonder as the grin on his/her face widens, the culprit glance at the board in front of him/her as she throw the dart on the dart's target board.

He/She stood up as she approach the board and took one picture after hours of analyzing, calculating and few considerations and if the unlucky chosen person that he/she picks may lead to a hole on his/her plan.

"I think she will do, aggressive personality is very bad on my plan." He/she said and proceed to the table to write her hints and message.

Every stroke of the words that is written is purely out of rage, his/her grin widen that slowly turn into a grumpy look of anger.

"Let's be careful, shall we? Neru is bad news already, I need to take this person out of the picture." He/she thought as a chuckle escape from her mouth out of enjoyment.

"This year will be fun!" He/She exclaimed as she put the finished letter up out of happiness and laugh out loud.

A pure psychopath indeed.

A two-faced psychopath.