RAIN

Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts 1942

"Unfortunately, the attacker was not identified," Tom stated, 'unknown' of the situation. Y/N played with the strand of rouge strings coming off her bag as Tom explained to the Headmaster of the situation.

"I see," hummed Headmaster Dippet. "I do apologise. Hogwarts is supposed to be a safe place. Do you perhaps recall any features of the person who attacked you?"

"Yes, I do, actually," smiled Y/N. "Neatly styled raven-hair, tall of medium build and rather slender with sharp features." Headmaster Dippet glanced up at Tom, who was pretty much what the girl was describing, but Tom didn't move a muscle. Little did they know, Tom was using all his will to fight his facial muscles from cramping into a shocked emotion. "I think I can recognise him if I see him again," assured Y/N. Headmaster Dippet held his gaze on Tom for a bit longer before Tom broke the instance of the loud silence.

"Do you realise how many British boys you're describing?" Chuckled Tom. He cringed at how he described his features as average and uncommon.  Y/N glanced up at Tom and held his gaze; her lips formed into a slight smirk that only Tom would see.

"Oh really?"

"I also recall Miss Y/N telling me someone saved her from the...person who troubled you? What was his name?" Tom questioned as he looked at Y/N.

"I forgot to ask. I was in complete shock," Y/N fended as she stared him down, but he just looked to the side and nodded. FYI, she hasn't said a thing to Tom on the way here.

"I'm sure you'll see the person who helped again, and you should take this chance to thank him properly. Based on your descriptions, finding this criminal sounds promising. However, while familiarising yourself with Hogwarts, you shouldn't travel alone. Headmaster Dippet's concerned eyes landed on Y/N as the girl shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"May I propose to accompany Y/N at all times for her safety?" Tom began. "I am confident I have the skills to fend off any potential harm." Y/N's head shot up, and she looked at Tom in disbelief.

"I wouldn't want to add to your already busy schedule," Y/N spoke.

"Not at all; I wouldn't have offered if it were too troubling." Tom smiled down at the girl.

"Thank you, Tom. Your help will be greatly appreciated." The Headmaster nodded in agreement. "In the meantime, Tom could show you around the school. When you recognise the person who attacked you, notify Tom immediately, and the staff will be at your defence." Y/N's mind spun as she thought about what she could say. This could be easily solved with family relations, but this is personal, and she wants to take this into her own hands.

"Thank you for your support. When I see the man again, I will recognise him, for his deeds are pure evil and thoughts plague with darkness." Y/N's eyes were stern as they slowly swirled into a dark navy.

"All the best," he smiled, "head to the nurses and return to class," the old man smiled. Tom held the door open for Y/N, he politely smiled, but she could tell through his eyes that he was shaky, and his neck broke into a thin layer of cold sweat. Y/N nodded a graceful thank you as she walked past him. When he nodded you're welcome, his eyes met her sharp and playful stare. In an instance, Tom felt as though he was a book with pages of glass. Her mocking gaze managed to read him clearly with just one look.  Y/N took a step dangerously closer to Tom, who was still holding the door and whispered

"T-O-M," spelling his name in a soft threatening smile, only to drop into the looks of disgust at the last glance before exiting the room. 

Tom stood stunned, seemingly frozen, as cold chills ran down his spine. He could feel his heart pounding up his chest, making its way to his throat. The adrenaline of nearly getting caught, mixing viciously with the girl's proximity to his body, ran an intoxicating rush through his body. He could feel the trembling in his hands as they felt cold with excitement and fear. He's never been this "happy" for a long time...he thought as he followed her out before Headmaster Dippet could say anything else.