SIXTEEN

HOGSMEADE TRIP

THE END OF DECEMBER was vastly approaching, rewarding Hogwart's students with layers of snow and cold weather. On Saturday, the students were clothed in winter attire as they made their way to Hogsmeade.

The Slytherins' friend group were ahead of everyone else in their journey - except for Cecilia who was running a little behind so she was currently walking by herself. She was enjoying the weather - dressed in high waisted jeans with her cream turtle neck sweater tucked into them and a gray cotton trench coat over it.

She took her time walking to the village, taking in the view - the snowflakes falling down onto the things around her. A sensation prickled her skin like someone was staring at her so she scanned her surroundings.

She didn't see anything at first, but suddenly, there he was. Malfoy. He was leaning against a nearby tree - his eyes gazing at her. He was dressed impeccably - dressed in all black: black gloves, beanie, black pants, black turtleneck, black coat, but had a dark green scarf on. As Malfoy saw Cecilia finally notice him, he smirked at her before standing up from the tree. He walked only a little closer, letting Cecilia walk the rest of the way to him.

"What are you doing here Malfoy?" Cecilia said as soon as she made it to where he was. "Shouldn't you be with the rest of the group right now?"

"I just wanted to enjoy the weather for a few minutes," Malfoy said, grinning down at her. "Is that a crime?"

"No," Cecilia said, "But it becomes one when it's a lie."

"Me, lying? Never," Malfoy stated, his eyes twinkling down at her.

Cecilia made a noise that indicated she didn't believe him, "So, you decided to just stay out here in the cold to enjoy the weather?"

"Yes," Malfoy curtly said. He started walking towards the direction of the village, but Cecilia didn't follow him. Instead she stayed put in her spot. Malfoy noticed and stopped, "You coming?"

Cecilia studied him for a few moments. She had a strange feeling that he had waited for her, but chose not to speak up on it. A few seconds had passed and Malfoy's neutral face quickly contorted into one of indignation. He rolled his eyes and continued walking.   

So impatient, Cecilia muttered softly, and  quickened her pace to catch up with him. Malfoy didn't even glance at her when she finally made it next to him. They walked in silence until Malfoy broke it.

"Figured out your second task yet?" He said, finally glancing at her.

"No," Cecilia answered, but Malfoy didn't like her answer because he gave her a look.

"I don't know if you've noticed but this tournament is dangerous - don't you think you should be more worried about it?"

"Why do you care?" Cecilia said, sparing a glance his way - Malfoy seemed like he was deep into thought, but once he felt her eyes - his face quickly morphed into irritation.

"I don't," Malfoy grumbled, his eyes stayed trained in front of him, not looking at her. He fumbled with the ends of his coat. "I just don't want the one who represents our house to embarrass us."

"Well I won't," Cecilia firmly said. She ran her fingers through her hair, putting a few strands behind her ear.  "I didn't the first task, I won't this one."