"left where? left the village?", he asked

she nodded, staring at the ground.

"HOW? WHEN?", kakashi questioned, astonished

she didn't seem like she was in any state to answer questions so he didn't bother and ran to y/n's house. how was he going to break the news to her?

he approached her front door but found it to be open. cautiously, he walked in to find y/n seated at the table, going through some random book about genjutsu. she looked eerily calm.

"y/n-"

"he left, didn't he? sasuke?", she said, making him look at her in bewilderment

"how did you know?", he asked

"i saw it coming", she said bluntly, still not looking up from her book

"y/n do you realise how serious this is? he's a rogue ninja now"

"i understand", she said, "perfectly"

"so how are you not affected by this?"

"kakashi", she sighed, looking up at him finally, "i don't think you understand how dysfunctional my clan is. or was."

"i don't understand"

"the uchiha was a clan that ran on hatred. you experience trauma to awaken sharingan. you feel responsible for someone's death to awaken mangekyou. the stronger your hate is, the stronger you are."

"so what does sasuke have to do with this?"

"he won't stop. his hatred won't subside till he's killed itachi. especially after that encounter with him last week.", she took a deep breath, "and itachi will finally be able to rest from this terrible life he's living."

kakashi walked to stand behind her, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"i'm a horrible person. i know. i couldn't stop him.", she vented just a bit. she hadn't cried in years. and she wasn't about to now.

"no you aren't. his choices are not your fault", he replied, leaning forward a little. "we have to go see hokage sama"

"i know", she briskly got up. he patted her back, and they set off.

they quickly went to tsunade, explaining the situation that had just occurred. naruto was devastated.

"i will bring him back!", he proclaimed, "no matter
what"

tsunade asked kakashi and y/n to her office the next day.

"i need you two to track this address", she said, "it's very likely that this is orochimaru's hideout, according to one of our ANBU members. both of you set out as soon as possible."

they nodded. "tsunade-sama are you sure it's rational to send y/n-", kakashi began

"do you really think i'd let personal feelings interfere with a mission kakashi?", she interrupted, still maintaining the freakishly calm look she'd worn since sasuke left. "maybe you don't know me as well as i thought you did"

"i-i'm sorry", he said immediately, his apprehensions clearing.

"we'll leave at dawn", she said quietly, walking out of the office.

"please look after her, kakashi", tsunade said

"i always do", he nodded before leaving

tsunade stretched her arms up, cracking her knuckles and turning her chair around to the view of the village from her window.

"i think i'll have to play cupid for these two in the future"

---------------------------
so i found out my boyfriend was cheating on me the whole time we were dating so that's great😃😃😃

and with this girl i thought was my friend😃😃😃

i'm in an irl angst fanfic right now wow.

pls forgive me i wrote this chapter just after crying and stuff.

idk bye-