chapter 41 - outworld

Start from the beginning

They approached their way closer as there came a woman in gold: Tanya. She accompanied the group of Takaratans and soon noticed Kollector coming into view.

"Well, well, seems that you have appeared after all. Trying to fetch for extra coin, Kollector?" Tanya teased. The expression of scorn perished from her face as she detected Kalliste beside him.

"Why is she here?" Tanya questioned with bitter peculiarity.

Kalliste huffed, an expression of irritation subdues her emotions. Crossing her arms she glares at Tanya. Kollector extends his arm out in front of Kal.

"She will fight alongside Mileena," Kollector responds. Tanya looked annoyed, irritable, and displeased. But she relaxes her expression.

"No matter. The carriage has stopped, now we begin." She extends her hand out and speaks in the tarkatan's tongue. Now the fight begins as many have begun to tread out into the public. The chattering and roars of the tarkatan army rises as they charge into the open, a fight unleashed among Kotal's embassies.

Kollector begins to unleash himself among the chaos - instantly slicing someone's head off with his golden sickle. The spirit of fighting has not yet lit up in Kal's soul.

She could hear the clashing of weapons, grunting of men - but she soon observed the battlefield and spotted 3 familiar souls.

Ermac, the cowboy, and that insectoid. It seemed that Kotal's court was becoming stronger than ever. He was the rightful Kahn of Outworld now. But it'll all change to Mileena's will.

A single shot pierced near Kal's body almost grazing her. With widened eyes, she glared towards a man that extended his arm out - holding a firearm.

"You're lucky that was only a warnin' shot." He said.

Kalliste tilted her head at him, trying to understand if she knew his name. She knew him from being closer to Skarlet before. But his name was a blur.

"Don't remember me? - Name's Erron Black." One of the tarkatan's charged at him, but with ease, he pierced its head with one of his bullets without looking.

"You served alongside Shao Kahn. Now with Kotal." Kalliste said.

He kept his firearm held constant - facing it directly towards Kalliste.

"He's Kahn now. As long as he's payin' and on the winnin' side. You, on the other hand, picked the bad seed. You ain't gonna' last long." His words felt taunting but Kalliste gave no interest in his comments and statements. Pursing her lips she scowls at him deeply.

"Now say your last prayers."

"Won't be that easy." Kalliste sinks into the ground, perishing into thin air. Where she appears behind him through all the black haze. She kicks him, thrusting her strength upon him. He seemed too dependent on his firearms - Kalliste knew he lacked close kombat. Still trying to fight him - eluding his piercing bullets, a hardening clash arose beside them. There came two men; Kano and Kotal. They had already brawled from inside the carriage, carrying out their brutality from outside.

A sudden jab hit Kalliste out of surprise - her focus was too much on the fight of Kano and Kotal. Erron's hit made her collapse onto the ground, his blow was quite severe.

Kalliste tried to mend the blow that was impacted onto her head - only able to see the barrel of Erron's gun pointing closely at her; ready to shoot.

When the shape of the gun abruptly disappeared from view. The sun was so bright that it blinded her for a moment. The piercingly loud bullet managed to relinquish from the barrel. But it never hit her. It slipped out. Now its blasting collision gave an intense ringing sound near her ears. She felt so weak - until a pair of hands drew her from the dry ground.

She was met closely against a body with a familiar scent. The type of smell that was bothersome but still intriguing.

"Kalliste." Her face was profoundly shaken by distinctive hands. Finally, her eyes opened seeing a well-known set of orange eyes.

Kollector scowled at her timid defeat by Erron. Kalliste weakly moved her head to her right where she had seen Erron's unconscious body laid out on the floor.

"Why must you let yourself become so frail?" Kollector muttered. He seemed annoyed but bitterly concern about her swift downfall. His eyes searched all over her body, checking if she was injured.

"Are you well?" He asked.

Suddenly the hazy feeling in her body steadily disappeared from her. She stared back at him with stern eyes.

"I'm fine." She pulled herself from his grip and reconvened her observation upon the field.

"Where is the Mileena?"

A scream was heard and Kalliste could see Mileena fall from higher ground. Kalliste runs towards her side, seeking for any brutal injuries on her.

"Empress, can you stand?" Kalliste asks in concern.

A raspy moan appears from her and she slowly raises her head - gazing directly at Kalliste. She strongly rises from the ground.

"-I am fine! That Osh-tekk hound launched me from the roof!" She exclaims bitterly. Hissing by the mere thought of him.

"-Empress if you could only reconsider me in your court!" Kalliste suddenly pleaded. Mileena glares at her.

"Either you fight for me now or never!" She hisses.

Kalliste intensely nods her head. "I will."

Then Mileena pulls out something from her pocket. A golden amulet with a large emerald jewel in the center of it. This must be the talisman from an Elder God.

"...I will put great use for this now."

super excited to play as Mileena, rain, and Rambo!