1 7 | o r p h e u m

Start from the beginning

"Alex, you all right, man?" Luke asked, putting a hand on his arm.

"Yeah," he said, nodding. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Well, thanks to Willie, Panic! At The Disco needs an opening band," Luke stated.

Alex glanced up at the building. "Then I guess someone up there needs to know we're available."

When they flashed upstairs, they were greeted by a very stressed out promoter. He was on the phone with Downslide and angrily yelling into the phone while his assistant searched for an alternative band.

"No — No, stop. Stop! Stop saying the bus drove itself!" The man then repeatedly slammed the phone down angrily.

"Yeah, Willie was right," Reggie whispered as if the lifers could actually hear him. "This guy's a total pro."

"All right, boys, Princess. Let the magic happen," Luke said. "Alex, no dancing."

Alex smirked at him before hopping up on his toes, mimicking a ballerina. He danced behind the assistant's desk and twirled before knocking her pen cup to the ground.

"I mean, I've seen worse arabesques," Mickey complimented, which made Alex grin.

As the assistant got up to pick up the pens, Reggie quickly typed on her computer while Alex scribbled on a notepad. Reggie pulled up their YouTube video and Alex wrote Julie's cell phone number down. When Mickey noticed the assistant getting back up, she pulled Reggie back by his jacket.

"She's coming. She's coming," he muttered.

They all crouched behind the unaware assistant as she watched the Edge of Great video. They all silently prayed that the plan would work.

"Tasha," the promoter called. "Get me CJ. Tell him I need a band to open in three hours."

"Sure, but you might wanna check this out," Tasha said, nodding to her computer. He hung up the phone and came over to watch. "Somehow this video started playing on my laptop. It's got half a million hits in just two days."

The promoter watched with an amazed look. "Who are they?"

"They're a hologram band. They call themselves Julie and the Phantoms."

"Tell your friends," Reggie added, smirking at Tasha. Mickey giggled at how adorable he was.

"Where are they located?" the promoter asked.

"Our very own City of Angels."

"Book 'em!" he ordered.

"Yes!" They all cheered and pulled each other into a group hug.

"Sure, I just don't know how to..." Tasha trailed off and noticed the notepad on her desk. She picked it up and stared down at the number with a shocked look.

"Your handwriting is better than mine," Luke mumbled, looking over Tasha's shoulder.

Mickey rubbed his arm. "Everyone's is."

The four of them flashed back to the studio, where Julie was anxiously waiting. Her pacing stopped as soon as they poofed in.

"Oh my gosh! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it? Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us? Are we playing?" she asked quickly. "Someone answer! Why's no one talking?"

"Girl! Chill out!" Mickey exclaimed, trying to get her to calm down.

"Woah! That's a lot of questions," Reggie told her, putting his hands up. "Luke, you wanna take this one?"