Chapter 9: Strolling Down the Main Street

"Sasha," you called out to her, knocking on her door, "Sasha, are you there?"

Muffled behind the door, you could hear, "Yes?"

"Let's take a stroll. Michael would be watching over Gabi and Falco. We'll examine the perimeter together-" At that instant, the door popped open and Sasha's hair somewhat flung into your face. "W-We..."

Your words trailed away as you took a long glance at Sasha. She was dressed down from what she wore earlier. A pale blue dress with a slight ribbon around her waist. This was apparently part of the Marleyan people's outfit.

"Um..." You couldn't think of anything else to say to her. That beauty...

She pulled her hair forward, making her hair fall on one side of her face. Her fingers ran through them as her eyes avoided looking at you. "(y/n)... um... should we go then before Michael gets on our case-"

"Oh, yeah, let's go." Averting your eyes away from her beauty, you walked outside of the safe house. You awaited for her. 

As you waited, you thought about the guys who may have captured Sasha's heart. First and foremost, there was Connie. During the training days, you didn't really chat with Sasha that much- unless you had food. Training with Sasha... she was nearly paired up with Connie. Perhaps he was evolving out of his immature stage and was finally becoming someone different.

Then there was Jean. He didn't seem to have an interest in Sasha, but it was something. He used to proclaim to the entire 104th Cadet Corps that he was going to marry Mikasa. Or something along those lines. If anything, he would've taken care of Sasha- even looking out for her. 

After thinking of all of that- Niccolo was somewhat of a huge problem. If his looks and attitude didn't sway Sasha towards him, then definitely his cooking skills took her breath away. Whenever you saw him, he always had some sort of food to give to Sasha- something like that. She would always take it gratefully and gobble it down. 

If anything...

"I'm here!" A sharp cry from Sasha forced you to jump. Her hair was put back in her usual style. Almost relieved to know she was truly the same Sasha as she always was... but you always missed that she couldn't have her hair as long as it used to be. "Sorry about that..."

"No worries," you say, chuckling. You pointed towards the left side of the street- people were wandering around a few stalls nearby. "Let's start over there as our patrol."

A sound of jiggling coins weren't that far. Sasha's quiet giggles echoed in your ear. Her true intentions shining through. A taste of meat, ice cream, candy, etc. Everything else that isn't easily obtainable within the streets of any city on Paradis Island. 

"Sasha..." You begin, feeling a grin on your face growing. "You better not waste that much money on food. We need to bring the kids back-"

"You're the one who started this whole mess on bringing me out to patrol. Always remember if there's food, I'll be spending all of the money I got on food. Besides- the food here is amazing! (y/n), name me one place that has the best food? Go on, tell me!"

Only one name popped up: Niccolo.

You didn't answer, yet Sasha continued on. "Let's go!"

Your intentions were right- just didn't follow exactly how you wanted it to go in the first place. Intending to go on a small, patrol date with Sasha... and she completely bought into the idea of food. What wasn't on your list of to-dos was Sasha spending that much money. You had every intentions to not allow her to spend that much.

*   *   *

Whizzing past was an hour. Patrol needed to be wrapped up soon. Within her arms was a few candied apples. Thankfully she didn't spend that much money today, you had thought. The budget you had in mind was her not spending at least a sixth of the money within her little pouch. She spent less.

Arriving back at the safe house- well, not exactly. You stood right outside the doors of the safehouse. There were a few people wandering past the doors. A little bit of time to spare.

You looked towards Sasha, who was sighing heavily with exhaustion. Perhaps a bath at this hour and a good, long sleep wouldn't be that bad. 

"Ah..." Sasha begins, chuckling with her armful of goods. "I won't be able to sleep with such sweets... ah, (y/n), what was supposed to be for dinner?"

"Erm..." You racked your brain for it- there it was. Once you and Sasha got back, he was going to go out and bring back a leg of ham. Once Sasha knew... a grin appeared on your face once more. No matter what, it wouldn't leave. "Ham."

"W-What?!" A cry of defeat...

"Sorry, Sasha."

She continued to sulk a bit, struggling to open the door.

Now? Never? When?

Before you knew it, you took her and pulled her away from the door. Of course, she was stunned by your actions. Nevertheless, you pulled her away. Seconds had passed for awhile... yet it wasn't that long. You took an action you couldn't regret anymore.

What it was...?

Maybe it was just a kiss on the lips.