𝟢𝟥 | 𝖫𝖨𝖬𝖨𝖳𝖲

Start from the beginning

"So tell me why I'm at Ford City and I see Raven dirty ass." Tamia starts. "I don't care," Corinne immediately loses interest in the conversation. "I wanna hear." Five whines, making Corinne shake her head.

"Too late cause we just tag-teamed that hoe." Lizeth pops in. "G, when I tell you Mia stomped her ass out. That bitch fucked up, on God." Kennedy says. "Y'all ain't even have to do all that but did somebody record it?" Corinne asks, walking to grab her phone, disconnecting her AirPods.

"Yeah, we did have to do all that. Cause that dirty broke bitch knew that was yo nigga and still fucked him so she deserved that shit." Tamia was still hype. Corinne didn't believe in attacking the woman when it came to cheating unless they had a relationship but the only person she truly blamed was her ex.

"Pause, so we couldn't come to the baby shower but they can? Who are those people, Rin?" Lizeth asks when Corinne props up her phone to take the pins out of her hair because she wanted to let her curls drop.

"I'm her new nigga." Five says immediately.

"Boy, get off of me." She shrugs his arm off of her. "That's Five, Paris, and her boyfriend Meech."

Corinne had to let them know that Meech was Paris' just so they wouldn't say the wrong thing because Corinne was the only one with a filter out of the five of them.

"And they not coming to the baby shower. I'm just at my daddy's house getting ready."

"Awe, what time you leaving to go do Riah makeup?" Tamia asks. "Umm...ten-thirty. So I can finish by twelve at least. They at my momma's house." She tells them.

"Here come the mall cops. Imma calls you back."

"Ight, love y'all." Corinne says, hearing the group respond with, "We love you too."

$ $ $

A couple of hours passed and it was time for the baby shower. Corinne was in charge of making plates so everybody wouldn't be all over the food with the help of her aunt Jeanette and a couple more of her mother's friends.

Like she said her brother-in-law's friends were there and a couple of them were just within her limit.

"So what y'all got up in here to eat?" The nineteen-year-old asks. He was a fine light-skin. He had a full sleeve with only a few tattoos on his other arm. His eyes were low but she could still tell they were hazel colored. Thick, long eyelashes and pink plump lips with a small mustache and goatee combo.

"Well, we got chicken, fried, baked, regular, and jerk. Um...meatballs, macaroni, lasagna, salad, salmon salad, fruit-" Corinne starts telling him.

"What about you?" He asks.

"What about me?" She says, making the plate for him with what she saw fit. "What's your name, lil mama?" She looks down, smiling as she puts the plate down.

"Too young for you. Take this to your brother." Jeanette cuts in. "I'll see you, I guess," Corinne tells him, taking the plate before walking to her brother's table.

In an attempt to keep Corinne away from her unofficial brother-in-law's friends, she had to take her brothers and their significant others their plates. She had given up all hope of talking to the boy again until she was outside the venue with her niece taking pictures.

"So can I get yo name now?" She hears making her look in his direction. "Corinne." She says, glancing at her niece giving her the look.

"I'mma wait on you in the hallway," Mariah says, getting the memo before walking toward the building. "Are you going to tell me your name?" She asks.

"Lemme see yo phone cause you gone need my number too." He tells her. "I'm letting you know right now, I'm sixteen. Like just turned sixteen last month." She tells him. "You got a job?" He inquires making her nod.

"You grown enough for me." He says, making her unlock her phone with the form to fill out a new contact.

"Text me." He passes her back the phone after texting himself. "Mhm." She smiles as another one of the brother-in-law's friend Juice comes outside.

"We finna dip." He says.

"See y'all," Corinne waves them off. "See you shorty." Juice nods. "You heard what I said?" The boy asks. "I'mma text you." She says softly, making him smile at her before walking away.

"Man, you gone get yo ass killed tryna talk to that girl."