II-V

A/N: not Chat Noir friendly, and not sorry about it.

Ladybug waits on the Eiffel Tower, far above the highest platform available to tourists

Ladybug waits on the Eiffel Tower, far above the highest platform available to tourists. She checks the time on her yoyo. Chat Noir is ten minutes late.

A pair of feet land lightly behind her. "Hey Bugaboo. We did a really great job yesterday. We make a nice pair, don't you think?" A black gloved hand grabs hers, and Ladybug snatches it away, again, before Chat Noir can kiss it.

"This is a strictly professional partnership, Chat Noir." She says sternly. "You will address me as Ladybug and respect my boundaries. I do not like to be touched. Please refrain from doing so unless there is a threat to my safety. I have called you here because I have scheduled a meeting with the Justice League."

Chat Noir blinks. "We're going to meet the Justice League?"

"Yes. They did originally receive the mayor's distress call, you know, but some members of the League have heard of the miraculous and made the call not to interfere. They have agreed to meet with us at the Justice League Embassy. We must convince them to stay out of Paris until this is over." Ladybug says.

"What? Why aren't we letting the League-"

"Chat Noir, we only received our miraculouses three days ago." Ladybug says sharply. "Could you imagine the devastation that an akumatized Batman would bring? Wonder Woman? Superman? Any League member, really? Even if we were properly trained beforehands, the world would be nothing more than space dust."

Chat Noir rubs the back of his head. "...Oookay. Point taken. When is this meeting gonna happen? I've got a really busy schedule, you know."

Being a hero should come first, but Ladybug opens her yoyo instead. It is 10:43 pm. "We are expected at 11 pm. Let's go."

.o0o.

The only League member currently in Paris is Aquaman, who eyes Chat Noir's miraculous warily the entire time as he leads them to a secure meeting room, where holograms of the other League members are set up.

"Thank you for having us." Ladybug respectfully bows her head, feeling the eyes of her father's colleagues watching her. It's been a while since she has last spoken to her father.

Aquaman bows his own head. "It has been a long time since a Ladybug and Black Cat have walked the Earth. If you are here, the threat must be extremely large." He glances at Chat Noir's ring again, and Ladybug makes a mental note to ask Tikki if Chat Noir's ring had anything to do with the sinking of Atlantis.

"Why have you requested this meeting?" Batman's low growl is familiar. Ladybug ignores the fact that it is the second time he has spoken to her since she moved to Paris. "Do you need the League to send members to assist-"

"No!" Chat Noir and Ladybug exclaim at the same time. Everyone looks at them in surprise.

"My apologies." Ladybug says. "We actually came to ask the opposite. Chat Noir and I were chosen out of necessity, and we are still very inexperienced. We would not be able to get the situation under control if any League member were akumatized, and Hawkmoth preys on negative emotions. It is foolish to think that none of the League members would suffer from PTSD or something similar, and any heroes that use their emotions to help them in battle would also be susceptible to akumatization."