I-III

There is a small tidbit in this chapter that will present as a super minor inconsistency. It's not going to affect anything at all, I promise.

Also, family bonding! Woohoo!

"Why are you letting them stay? He tried to kill Dick!" Timothy points at Damian, who glowers at him from across the cave as Alfred stitches Richard's cuts

Marinette sighs. "Akhi was not trying to murder Richard. If you paid more attention, you would notice that all of Richard's wounds are carefully placed in non-lethal areas meant to slow him down instead of severely injuring him."

Batman does not say a word. He hasn't spoken since Richard called him to verify their claims.

"They were raised as assassins, Timmy. It's normal that they'd feel threatened a lot, and act accordingly. They're family now. Give them a chance." Richard replies, and Marinette blinks. She did not expect to have Richard defend them so easily.

"Pardon me," She pipes up. "But 'they' are currently present."

"Right. Sorry." Richard has the sense to look guilty. Timothy just glares.

Damian squeezes her hand three times, their signal for I would like to leave. Marinette sighs as she exits the Batcave. Being accepted into the family is... a work in progress.

.o0o.

Slade is put into Blackgate not long after with the information Ubu gave after being interrogated by the Bats. Damian and Marinette were not allowed to go.

Too young, Richard had said. They had interpreted that as you cannot be trusted to keep him alive. He did make the right call though. Damian would have tried extremely hard had he gotten the chance.

Of course, the League did dispose of him not long after anyway, but it was the thought that counted.

Damian and Marinette spent their days in the Manor sparring, reading, or practicing their instruments. Richard, who seemed determined to bond with them, bought them both new sketchbooks, for Damian's drawings and Marinette's designs. She had discovered an affinity for clothing design while undercover on a mission, and had been designing ever since.

Cass (she insisted that they call her that instead of Cassandra,) was always happy to spar when asked, and although nobody ever defeated her, it was a welcomed challenge to fight someone who knew your every move, sometimes even before you did. Damian grudgingly admits she is a worthy sister, which makes Marinette smile and Cass beam.

Jason had his own home and only visited every once in a while, and Timothy was rarely seen. It didn't help that Damian continued to make snarky comments whenever they did see him, but if Timothy was scarce, Father was practically nonexistent.

Since they came to the Manor, their father has said a total of two words to the both of them, and that was just their names when he exited his study as they passed by.