Chapter Seven:

WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT THAT IS SEXUAL IN NATURE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

     Thinking back to the day's events had caused Eulalie to pale, which caught the attention of her husband. "My darling, are you all right?" He asked, holding a hand to the side of her face and a concerned look on his brow.

     Eulalie faintly nodded, but understandably, Alaric wasn't convinced. He rose from his chair, earning a hush from the crowd seated around them. 

     "Everybody," he started, his voice floating effortlessly throughout the room. Eulalie didn't know how she could feel both admiration and jealousy for the way her husband spoke to crowds at the same time. Hopefully, it was a skill that was learned with time, rather than a trait passed through centuries of royal lineage. "My wife and I cannot thank you enough for your celebrations and toasts, for a day that couldn't be more perfect! Now, I'm afraid the two of us are quite spent, and shall retire for the evening." He raises his glass before he continues, "may the fanfare and celebration continue!"

     This earned a cheer from the crowd and several "oohs" from Alaric's dirty-minded friends. As he held his hand out for Eulalie to take it and follow her, she saw glaring from the Queen Mother out of the corner of her eye. When she turned to see her mother-in-law more fully, the old woman's face had straightened out into a forced, dark smile. Perhaps Eulalie was so tired she was seeing things, she assured herself. 

     Following her husband out of the room, she heard crowds outside cheering "long live King Alaric and Queen Eulalie!" As tired as she was, she knew that the people had been there waiting for a glimpse of the royal couple all day long. While they allowed the people to see them exiting their carriages on the way back from the cathedral, they had quickly been ushered inside by the castle's staff. 

     "My love," Eulalie began, looking at the ground as she addressed him, "should we give one final wave to the people? They've been out there all day...." 

     Alaric's face was calm and thoughtful, and she was unsure of what he was about to say. Perhaps he was going to scold her, or rush her upstairs to bed. To her surprise, he leans toward her and places a kiss upon her forehead. "And that, my dearest, is what is going to make you a great queen. Let's go," he says, pulling her towards the doors to the balcony.

     As they push open the doors, they heard the crowds scream with delight. Eulalie waved her hand just as the Queen Mother had shown her, polite and gentle, and smiled with glee at the people-her subjects. Unable to hold back her excitement after a minute or two, Eulalie's once tempered hand broke into a frantic wave as she greeted the kingdom below. This earned her even louder shouts from the crowd. 

     "Shall we give them what they want, my dearest?" Alaric questioned, earning a confused look from Eulalie, who didn't understand.

     If she thought the crowds' voices couldn't get any louder before, she was wrong. As Alaric's lips pressed against hers, a shouting that rang in her ears like no sound she's ever heard before erupted from the gates below. The kiss lasted a long time-too long, perhaps, but neither of them cared. They were the King and Queen of Absalon, they were finally married, they could kiss for as long as they pleased.

     When they finally did pull apart, Alaric, his voice husky, raised a cheeky brow before speaking. "Perhaps we should finish this upstairs?" 

     Eulalie bit her lip and shook her head in agreement. "Yes, my king," she teased. They hastily waved goodbye to the crowd before returning indoors and darting upstairs to Alaric's chambers. 

A/N: so this is where it gets pretty hot and heavy. read at your own risk kiddos. 

          What was to follow was the part that had both thrilled and terrified Eulalie since she agreed to marry. She understood that it was expected for the couple to consummate their marriage in order for them to legitimize their union. She wanted to lay with her husband, she wanted-nay, needed-him to make love to her.