XIII: The Ice Pillar's Return

Start from the beginning

For the whole year, she has neither taken any missions nor had any contact anymore from her friends. It was dangerous for her to keep sending Shirayuki back and forth, as Tamayo's location could be exposed, and so her letters were already unavailable.

The last letter she sent was for Oyakata-sama, telling that she will begin the order he had given her.

She missed her home. She missed her co-pillars. She missed everyone, especially Kyoujuro. Miyuki hasn't received nor was able to send any letter to him...

She didn't know whether how he was doing, nor if he was safe. The thoughts for those she cared about greatly strained her mind.

"Shiraishi-san, I know you are wary because of the results, and even I, don't want to keep you away from your loved ones any longer."

"And so, I'll be straight with you on how I think our study is going..." Tamayo said formally while scanning through the papers.

"Your blood does not merely act as poisons for the demons. Different dosages had different effects, but something is still missing..."

"There's one hypothesis where I am sure in, though. With the proper ratio and a catalyst, I think it is possible to create a cure where the demon blood can be erased from the cells, it can revert cells back to how they used to."

Miyuki listened, trying to comprehend where Tamayo was going for.

"It's still a hypothesis. In order to confirm it, a demon who still has their human characteristics left is one way to start. A demon blood that can be compatible with your blood may able to withstand it." Tamayo then continued.

A demon with human characteristics left is something unheard of. Even if Tamayo had altered her body physically, as much as she would like to do the test in her, she couldn't.

Tamayo has already turned into a demon a very long time ago. Her blood was not even in the option.

"So, a demon who you can consider as still human. Is this possible? Besides, reverting cells back to normal would only mean..." Miyuki raised her eyes towards Tamayo.

She nodded.

"Turning a demon back into a human." Tamayo said clearly.

A demon back into a human.

Was it really possible?

"My basis for this is when you told me that the demon earlier had withstood the sun for three seconds. That demon stopped craving humans during our tests, right? Nor he consumed any blood, he even stopped regenerating."

"That demon was long past his hunger and yet it didn't attack you?" Tamayo asked and Miyuki nodded.

Recalling it, Miyuki somehow agreed with her.

The demon was indeed somehow...tame.

"When it comes to Muzan, will this work?" The Pillar asked seriously.

There was a bit of hesitation from Tamayo's eyes and it answered Miyuki's question.

Of course, Kibutsuji Muzan can be an exception. But then, this discovery isn't really completely useless. If there's a possibility to turn a demon into a human, then at least the possibility to weaken Muzan is much probable, right?

But then Miyuki thought of something.

"Tamayo-san, I have a question..."

"Let's just say for some sheer coincidence that I encounter Kibutsuji Muzan..."

"If ever I am killed by him, even more so devoured. Will my blood kill him? Or will it...make things even more worse?" Miyuki said calmly.

It's true that her blood was indeed dangerous to demons but then, there's always an exception.